The silver105 in for some work !

Started by Silver105, May 08, 2017, 10:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bonno

Hi JJ
She has turned out absolutely beautiful and now it's time to enjoy driving her for many years to come.

GTV-074

Beautiful, i love silver on all 105's ......

It was worth the pain & suffering in the end!

It has come up a treat, congratulations it looks stunning.

Cheers,

Paul.
Speed costs money - how fast do you want to go?

hammer

GTV looks bloody beautiful mate. But my wife was more impressed with the magnolia!

Cheers,

Brent

bazzbazz

So, how much do you reckon she's worth now, the car, not the wife.
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Silver105

Yes that photo was taken by the wife... had to get the magnolia in the shot ! Actually both the fancy shots are from the boss!

No idea what she would be worth ...... the car that is, but have seen some recent cars for sale on Carsales over the six figures which is interesting. There was one for sale at classic throttle shop in Sydney series 2 1750 Silver with the burgundy interior which looked amazing and they wanted 132k. Not sure what it actually sold for but it did sell. Lovely car but not a series 1 so I thought that was optimistic ? Never thought these cars would get into that territory given there are a few of them still around but not looking at selling mine any time soon. Planning on driving mine and getting those bloody carbs tuned properly ! They're either too rich or too lean ? Must have an issue with the float ?  Cheers JJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silver105

Thanks for all the kind comments, she has come up looking great and it is so good to be driving her again... you just forget how small they are on the road and that sound !!  Very addictive ! Thanks to Vito and the team at Polo body Works.

Cheers
JJ

Citroƫnbender

I too liked the "magnolia photo".

They always seem to me a thing of beauty in how they flower despite torture (the shape, the sparseness, the extremes of season they can endure). So a good metaphorical companion to the car's journey.

Thank you for the wonderful shared narrative through your restoration.

terminator

Quote from: Silver105 on August 27, 2018, 09:57:17 PM
Thanks for all the kind comments, she has come up looking great and it is so good to be driving her again... you just forget how small they are on the road and that sound !!  Very addictive ! Thanks to Vito and the team at Polo body Works.

Cheers
JJ

Just read your thread,  very nice work.

The silver 1750 from CTS is now here in Melbourne it sold was re traded and sold again,  it was done well that is about the best you could say,  pics looked better than reality
in my opinion.

giulia_veloce

Terminator

Many did ask where the Silver 1750 S2,,,,$132,000 went to.
Was a lot of discussion about the Red Leather interior.