Giulia Veloce review?

Started by eazy_71, April 03, 2017, 06:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eazy_71

Hi folks - new on here.  Having had a break from Alfa ownership for the last few years, I'm looking to get back on board with the new Giulia.  Just wondering, has anyone come across a full review or test of the Veloce model?  Reviews of the QV and base models are out here in droves but I haven't managed to track down a review of the Veloce...other than high level comments following motor show appearances.  My last Alfa stint ended 15 years ago when I sold my beloved GTV V6 ahead of migrating to Oz, before that I had a 156 TS....finally there is a car in the range that has me excited enough to want to get back on board! 

Better still, if anyone on the forum has been able to drive a Veloce, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Any help appreciated.

vf1750

pretty sure there are a few posts on Youtube of reviews on the Veloce.
quick search should find them, most are overseas from memory...

bonno

Hi Eazy_71
Find below a link to the Giulia Veloce review. A fellow Alfisti picked up his beautiful metallic blue Giulia Veloce and drove it to Auto Italia 2017 and had immense praise on its performance, handling and features.
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/alfa-romeo/2017-alfa-romeo-giulia-veloce-ar174519.html
cheers
bonno

kaleuclint

I think everyone is pretty much up for a Misano Blue finished Veloce.  Must have a sunroof! ;D
2011 159ti 1750TBi

gianz75

I drove it, i was left a little disappointed.  I was expecting more.
It's a nice car inside and out, though I didn't like a few things, the engine redlines at only 6k, it has too many gears and it feels like you are constantly changing gears as it revs quite quickly, also the engine note is not Alfa enough, not laud enough even with the sports exhaust that Zagami are fitting to them. I also didn't think it felt quick enough, it is similarly speced to my Audi S3, but didn't feel anywhere near as quick as the S3. I know the S3 Is 1 second quicker to 100 on paper but when you drive it it feels much quicker.
Even though ther gearbox has too many gears in my opinion, the gear change is very quick, crisp and responsive, would have been perfect with 6 or 7 gears.

gianz75

so I drove the Gulia Veloce at Sandown yesterday, much better car on the track, I have a total new respect for the Veloce, it is fantastic on the track and kept us with the QV through the slow parts of the track of course down the straights the QV has the legs to pull away. but what a great car the Gulia range is! what these cars can do is much more than we can expect them to do. FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!

alfagtv100 (Biggus)

Hey gianz75,
What a difference a day can make.
;D
Marco Leoncelli
2017 Giulia. Yeah, baby.
1971 1750 GTV Coupe Series II
Past: 2008 159 Ti V6 3.2, RenaultSport Clio 182 (smuf blue).

eazy_71

After 7 (!) months of deliberation I just signed for a Veloce - will be delivered next week.  I loved the way it drives and looks beautiful in the flesh.  Drove the Misano blue but went for Alfa Red with yellow calipers.

I also drove the QV - an absolute weapon but could not justify the extra spend to only ever use 30% of its potential - 95% of my driving is city based.

Looking forward to getting back on boarrd with the brand!

bazzbazz

I think 206 KW will get you zipping through the peak hour lane changes quite briskly.   8)
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

alfagtv100 (Biggus)

Quote from: eazy_71 on April 03, 2017, 06:29:40 PM
Hi folks - new on here.  Having had a break from Alfa ownership for the last few years, I'm looking to get back on board with the new Giulia.  Just wondering, has anyone come across a full review or test of the Veloce model?  Reviews of the QV and base models are out here in droves but I haven't managed to track down a review of the Veloce...other than high level comments following motor show appearances.  My last Alfa stint ended 15 years ago when I sold my beloved GTV V6 ahead of migrating to Oz, before that I had a 156 TS....finally there is a car in the range that has me excited enough to want to get back on board! 

Better still, if anyone on the forum has been able to drive a Veloce, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Any help appreciated.

Try some of the Giulia Ti vids on YouTube.  The Ti is what the Veloce is known as in the US.
I think the Ti does not get the leather dash cover of the Veloce.  Otherwise, I believe they are identical.
I stumbled across Rons Rides on YouTube.  Some of his vids are pretty good.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXKKHA6zNMM4rH8PyOrLUYQutube]

Marco Leoncelli
2017 Giulia. Yeah, baby.
1971 1750 GTV Coupe Series II
Past: 2008 159 Ti V6 3.2, RenaultSport Clio 182 (smuf blue).