Alfa 75 Twin Spark - Replacement Front Seats

Started by ozminerman, March 01, 2017, 03:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozminerman

Good afternoon all

My 88 twin spark has sadly suffered the fate of some front seats - the foam collapses on the outside support and the fabric
tears and so its not repairable.

Does any one have knowledge of any later model seats which would be a direct replacement?  I know its possibly a forlorn hope
because the 75 platform was not used again to my knowledge by Fiat designers.

Ciao

tuf105

ozminerman

Thanks tuf105.

I'm hoping to get seats from a post 2000 or later Alfa which will fit the anchor points of the 75 t/s.  The wreckers are full of
seats from Alfa wrecks, and they will be of sterner construction than my original seats.

I'll get dimensions of my anchor points and visit the wreckers in Brisbane. I was hoping someone may have had my idea and already done the exercise.   

Thanks again.

Ciao

GTVeloce

Good luck with that.

I have fitted seats from a 2005 156. They were not a bolt in replacement and required some trickery with the rails to get them in. They are also a bit tight on the drivers side with the height adjuster. I plan to remove it once I can source the rails from another passenger seat.

Great seats though! Very comfy. Not racing buckets but good enough for a road car.

ozminerman

Hi GTVeloce

Thanks for yr input.

I've just come across a post in the "For Sale/Wanted" section about an interior referring to an Alfa 916 Series seats which will suit an Alfa 75.  I'm not familiar with this model. Would someone be good enough to enlighten me further re vintage etc?

Thanks