guiletta

Started by armc89, August 05, 2008, 09:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armc89

hello all my name is aidan. i recently bought a 1983 guiletta 2.0. and i love it. how ever i am looking for an lsd gearbox and a reco engine can anyone help me out? thanks!

Davidm1600

Hi Aidan, I nice choice for your first Alfa.  I too nearly bought an 2L Giulietta though I can't remember which year it was.  It was a nice car, red of course.  I have owned a variety of Alfas over the years.  Depending on where you live, if for instance it is in Melbourne I would try Milano Spares.  Marc is extremely helpful.  i am happy to check with a mate of mine to see if he has any ideas on where possibly to find either a gearbox and/or reco engine.  If I have any luck I will post a message for you.  The other options include ebay, the Alfa club mag classifieds, and or even possibly the trading post.  If you havn't already you could also post a request on the for sale/wanted listing here on the forum.  Cheers and hope you enjoy the Alfa, Dave
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

a sharp

Aidan
The only LSD Transaxles for 116 series car where in V6's, the ratios won't suit your car, Vin Sharp at PACE Engineering 03 9844 0147 builds custom LSD's and close ratio Transaxle to order for 116 cars. Hope to see you around the club soon.
Anthony Sharp
Membership Sec AROCA Vic

jimnielsen

Aidan - you can get an LSD from any twinspark 75 - but they will probably cost about $1200 - $1500. Making it into a gearbox suited to the track with a mix of ratios and more suitable 'slip' will cost another $2000 or so..

'95 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
'90 Alfa Romeo 33 1.7 IE - my god! I can compete in Trofeo class!! -