BBQ @ Lorbek

Started by Colin Edwards, January 09, 2017, 08:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin Edwards

Weather looks perfect for the BBQ at Lorbek 6:30pm this Wednesday.  Club has organised large gas barby, cooking utensils and oils etc.  All we need is you, your food and refreshments.  Lorbek usually have some unique and interesting cars on display.  Centrally located and easy to get to.  Be there or be square!

See club home page for more details.
Present
2023 Tonale Veloce
2018 Abarth 124 Spider
1987 75 3.0

Past
2020 Giulietta Veloce
2015 Giulietta QV
2009 159 3.2 Ti Q4
2012 Giulietta TCT Veloce
2006 147 Ti 2 door Selespeed
1979 Alfasud Ti 1.5

Italian Supermodel

I was looking forward to coming along tomorrow night... Until I read to bring your own snags and drinks!
With all Jewish respect I see it as not an ideal look for the Club inviting new (or old) members to come along to Lorbeks or ,inadvertently, Lorbeks themselves .
I know there'll be divided opinion on this , what do others reckon?

V AR 164

Quote from: Italian Supermodel on January 10, 2017, 12:28:20 PM
I was looking forward to coming along tomorrow night... Until I read to bring your own snags and drinks!
With all Jewish respect I see it as not an ideal look for the Club inviting new (or old) members to come along to Lorbeks or ,inadvertently, Lorbeks themselves .

Wow, That wasn't even mentioned in the club calender on the main page; to bring your own food and drinks. I will still be there tomorrow but I agree with Itallian that it is pretty disappointing to say the least. I'm sure 50 snags wouldn't break the bank for the club?

I don't see anywhere that says to byo food?
Present:
-1992 164Q
-1993 Hilux Surf

Past:
-2006 159 2.4 Ti

Garibaldi

Quote from: Italian Supermodel on January 10, 2017, 12:28:20 PM

I happen to work in the motor industry and if we were hosting a car club we would definitely be supplying the food and drinks. It's good PR.  ;)

As the day goes

I don't think we need to be racially stereotyping.  :-\

However, it is not a picnic by the Yarra on picnic blankets. It's undercover, in a shed, to cast your eyes over some lovely cars, stand around and have a chat.

50 thin snags, white bread, 2 boxes of creamy soda, Dead horse: $100 max. 

Neil Choi

I would suggest that you blokes help by organizing to bring bbq, purchase the food (club is more than happy to provide the funds), bring it along, cook it, clean up, etc etc.  It is about putting in.

Neil Choi

Just enjoy being there.

Italian Supermodel

It's a play on words A T D Goes.!
No ill intent meant at all.
The phrase is used all the time to make it 'sound' like DUE respects.
Had nothing to do with the topic matter.

Yes I agree with you Garibaldi.
For example the BMW club of vic. had a monthly meeting last November at Makulu Vehicle Services(storage). The owner (a one man operation practically)catered for the club in style to the tune of around $1000 we believe. He also assembled half a dozen classic bimmers in fabulous nick ( of his own collection and a couple of club members)around the facility to compliment the occasion. 40 odd were expected 25 showed,lots of food left over, but a great night .

ajt42

Hi all,

Club wiil be providing snags, burgers, bread, salad and condiments.   A large gas bbq will be provided.  BYO drinks / refreshments and a chair. 

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow night.

As the day goes

Quote from: Neil Choi on January 10, 2017, 07:15:33 PM
I would suggest that you blokes help by organizing to bring bbq, purchase the food (club is more than happy to provide the funds), bring it along, cook it, clean up, etc etc.  It is about putting in.

I would have with notice.

Love to put an apron on 

Colin Edwards

Club will providing gas bbq.  Also will be providing snags, burgers, bread, salad condiments etc.  All you need to bring is yourself, refreshments and a chair.  Aprons optional!

The bbq this time last year was held down by the Yarra.  All those that attended were fully self sufficient.

Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow night at 6:30.  Weather looks to be perfect!

Present
2023 Tonale Veloce
2018 Abarth 124 Spider
1987 75 3.0

Past
2020 Giulietta Veloce
2015 Giulietta QV
2009 159 3.2 Ti Q4
1979 Alfasud Ti 1.5

PR

Hello As-the-Day-Goes, no notice required - just bring your apron.

Would love to have you down with an apron on and good to see those who put their hands up to volunteer. Please let me know your name so we know who we will need to be talking to tomorrow night, but I am sure we will be able to recognise you on the day as the guy/girl with the apron on. Thanks for putting your hand up.

As the day goes

Colin Edwards

The recent BMW event at Makulu Vehicle Services is a good example of organizing an event and the risks associated with catering.  Most clubs would feel a tad uncomfortable when they advise a sponsor or supporter to cater for 40 people but only 25 actually front up.

Makulu again provided the venue for the recent Concorso judging on the Saturday prior to the 2016 AROCA Spetaccolo.  In addition to opening their premises, they also provided light refreshments.  However I don't recall any one on the day discussing or debating the likely monetary cost.  All of us at AROCA were just very grateful for their kind effort. 

AROCA hold their monthly committee meetings at Lorbek.  Who knows how much it costs them to provide staff, lighting, power etc.  To remain open 4 or 5 hours after normal closing.  Do we really care?   Surely we're just grateful to have supporters who happily provide what they can.  I think the same can be said for all AROCA sponsors and advertisers.

As Brian of Nazareth once said - "their is no pleasing some people".   

See you all there this evening at 6:30!
Present
2023 Tonale Veloce
2018 Abarth 124 Spider
1987 75 3.0

Past
2020 Giulietta Veloce
2015 Giulietta QV
2009 159 3.2 Ti Q4
1979 Alfasud Ti 1.5

V AR 164

Thankyou everyone for a great evening, really enjoyed the atmosphere amongst some very nice cars. The Miura, GT40 and 675LT were my favourite!

Also thanks for the guys who put on a very tasty barbie!

Cheers, Andrew.
Present:
-1992 164Q
-1993 Hilux Surf

Past:
-2006 159 2.4 Ti