Neil Choi

2017 AROCA Sprints Round 2 and Alfa Racing Round 1 at Winton 5 February

SR for Sprints
SR for Alfa Racing
EF for both events

Docs attached.

Enter early to avoid disappointment.

Neil Choi

Entry is steadily filling, Winton is always a good safe track to run in, it is a great weekend, tied in with Circuit Training and Driver Safety, so you can make a big weekend of it.
Alfa Racing is scheduled and if you are set up and eligible, come on racing with fellow Alfisti's. The racing is competitive but friendly and we all have a good laugh after.  You might even win the frozen turkey trophy.

Neil Choi

Last round up for entrants.  I will keep normal entry fee active, so no late fees.  Enter by early in the week so I can finish off event work by Wednesday.  Lots of track time.  Best value for money event.
Got a good field for Alfa Racing, a couple new entrants. 
Final report:  I got my engine back into my race car and will be racing.  Come on, if I can prepare everything including the race cars and the events, you can at least come and race me.

Neil Choi

A reasonable entry field for the sprints.  As I always have said, Winton is certainly my favourite track and also attracts the real and only drivers I enjoy being with and race alongside, they are the true enthusiasts and drivers.  It is the drivers track.  We will all make the trek to Winton, blast around for two days and trek back.  A big weekend of commitment and a hell of a lot of fun.

We ended up with 10 enthusiastic racers for Alfa Racing, which is in its third year.  4 New racers joining in, so good on them.  With help from a couple of my Alfa mates, I got my engine in and my race car is on the grid as promised.
Alfa Racing is growing, we would've had more.  So for all those still getting ready, there is June.  You have 4 months.
AASA Racing license can be gotten within a week.  In fact, it took us one hour and got confirmation pretty much immediately, 1 hr.

Anyway, it will be good weekend of racing.  Private practice on Saturday for 1 hr, then practice/quali on Sunday morning, 2 races on long track then 2 races on the short track.  Weather is going to be perfect.
2 GTV6's, 4 Group S Alfa's, a Sud, a Giulietta TS, Alfa GTV 2L and a GTV TS

For the spectators, come on up and watch what Alfa's do best.

Neil Choi

Pics of the racers.

Stephen Aarons

Absolutely fantastic day yesterday. Big thanks for Neil and all those involved in making it happen and making the day run as smoothly as it did.

I should have joined in on the racing a year ago, but better late than never.
1989 75 3.0 (Weekend Toy)
1982 GTV6 (Project)
        oo=v=oo
2001 156 (TS Cup Car)
2015 Nissan Navara (Daily drive/Tow car)

Ray Pignataro

Agree with Steve 100% best days racing for years,thank you Neil

Ray Pignataro

Agree with Steve 100% best days racing for years,thank you Neil

Neil Choi

More pics

Neil Choi

Day started fine, everything running smoothly, everyone carried out their role and did their stuff to get the event going.  Drivers Briefing was brief, to the point and no fuss.  Cars lined up for first session.  Right on cue, rain started to fall at 8:58am and for the next 2 hrs.  Sprinters took it easy and get their sessions in safely but had a couple of incidents which was unfortunate.  2min 30sec laps mean it was pretty wet.

The day was run on long track in the morning and short track in the afternoon.

Alfa Racing got off with a slightly rough qualifying session with a red flag due to a spinning car and stopping and bogged in a bad part of the track.
Qualifying and first race was dominated by the 4 cylinders 2L and the rain masters.
Second race was a drying track and V6's started to get their traction but still a 2L advantage.
Third and fourth races were dry and dominated by power.

8 racers fronted up:  Hugh Harrison, John Floyd, Nick Taylor, Ray Pignataro, Peter Hillman, Jordan Caldwell, Mick Aarons and Steve Aarons.  Almost 9 but testing failed the day before.

Those to thank for running and officiating the day:
Ross Flood, Anthony Sharp, Colin Edwards, Mandy Thompson, Malcolm Powell, Alex Caldwell, Damon Choi, Tom Taylor.