rear bearing special tools

Started by granto, December 15, 2016, 09:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

granto

Hi all, I haven't posted before but read heaps and am suitably impressed by the wealth of knowedge on these pages.
I was hoping someone may have the special tools required to replace the rear wheel bearings on my 78 gtv and if possible loan/hire them to me. I'm at Moorooka in Brisbane
Thanks
Grant 0403177622

jazig.k

I don't have the exact factory tools, but I did machine up a set of cups and some all-threaded for the job. If I can find it in the shed at home I'll send it all to you at the cost of postage.

jazig.k

And I have the internal hex type socket machined up. Unless you have the spline type bearing retainer nut?

granto

Thanks Jazig, the nut retainer is castellated with a split pin as in the haynes manual, early type i think, and i guess the tool for removing the ring nut  is going to be critical as i can get the bearings but not new ring nuts. if you find the tools that'd be great and i'll pay postage no probs. text me your mob no. if you like and we can organize it.
cheers
Granto

tonyd

Good Afternoon all,

I was wondering if anyone had a set of factory/bought/made tools to remove the rear wheel hubs. I tapped one of the wheel hubs gently several times and it is moving outwards but I'm hesitant to keep doing it. Of course I would pay freight both ways and hire.

Thanks in advance.

Photos of the left and right front with new bearings, discs, pads and rebuilt calipers.

festy

Quote from: tonyd on October 09, 2020, 02:39:52 PM

I was wondering if anyone had a set of factory/bought/made tools to remove the rear wheel hubs. I tapped one of the wheel hubs gently several times and it is moving outwards but I'm hesitant to keep doing it. Of course I would pay freight both ways and hire.
I recently made a basic set of rear bearing tools to do mine (https://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=20584.msg116184#msg116184) and you're welcome to borrow them - I won't need them again for a while I hope...