Spettacolo 2016 @ Wesley

Started by SusSelesp, November 04, 2016, 11:52:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SusSelesp

Hi all,

I'm new to Alfas' and planning to come along with my recently acquired 159 for this event.

Are many others planning to attend this year? Any tips for getting there from those who have attendended in prior years?

All the best and hope for good weather!  8)

kaleuclint

Get there early.

Feel free to bring your dog along!  Nobody has ever said I can't (and there are no Wesley signs saying you can't) so Baci is a veteran of three Spettacolos.

Now -- a big issue for me over recent years has been the shambolic catering, meaning you wait nearly an hour for your wood fired pizza because they can't control the ordering.  Very annoying to miss out on the award presentations more than once because of this.  I believe this issue might be resolved this year; anyway -- eat early!!

I might actually turn up in an Alfa this year (never carry dogs in my Alfas!) but my 159 will be parked outside as I don't do the 'on the lawn' thing.  Literally: don't judge me!!

The bonus for Spettacolo is that the Porsche 356 Register usually holds a more private gathering next door same day at the Deaf School.  There is a gap in the fence between the two schools.
2011 159ti 1750TBi

Sheldon McIntosh

If you're new to Alfas it's a must-see.  You'll get a good idea of the history and why the name is so highly regarded.  There is often cars from the 30s, and other cars right through to the present day, and there is always some very special and expensive landmark cars. 

Polish the car and drive it into the oval, best parking you'll get!  Good way to meet other 159 owners, learn of any issues, make friendships etc.  Alfa people are the best people;  strike up some conversations, ask people about their cars, you'll be amazed by what you learn about the Alfa story. 

There is often a few Italian cars from other marques there too.  I've been in the club about 10 years, and I think every year I've been I've seen a car I'd never seen in the metal before. 

Quote from: ALCMQ on November 04, 2016, 11:52:33 AM
Are many others planning to attend this year?

You'll probably find most active people on this forum will be there, the oval is always packed.  I've even seen people from NSW come down to display their car.

Seriously, if you're new to Alfa Romeo, it is a must-do event.

SusSelesp

Great thanks - sounds like a good day out....

four90s

There are usually a bunch of us come over from SA for this event as well.

See you there

Steve
Adelaide
Four90s
Too many others to list
(33 Alfas and some other things since 1979)

damian85

Very excited to be attending my first Spettacolo, will be coming down in my GTV and parking it on the oval!

from friends that attended previous years should be a very fun day!

GeeTV

WOW - Just WOW!

OK, now I'm definitely going to Spettacolo!!  Can't wait to see that in the metal!!!... Can you save me the suspense & tell me the size of the wheel/tyre & if you have the suspension modified?  Absolutely stunning  8)

damian85

Quote from: GeeTV on November 10, 2016, 01:18:59 PM
WOW - Just WOW!

OK, now I'm definitely going to Spettacolo!!  Can't wait to see that in the metal!!!... Can you save me the suspense & tell me the size of the wheel/tyre & if you have the suspension modified?  Absolutely stunning  8)

Haha thank you, very much a labour of love the last couple of years,

Wheels are 17x8.5 front and rear with a +30 offset

Front tyres are 205 but rub sometimes on the bumper under slow speed turns but i will be fitting 215/40 profile soon and adjusting the alignment and that should fix it.

Front has been adjusted via the torsion bars rear is stock, shocks are bilstein all around!

If you see me come have a chat, happy to show you over it

Colin Edwards

Spettacolo will be huge this year.  We have planned for more than 350 cars......300 of these Alfas.
However to ensure it is successful we need volunteers.  Just an hour or so if your time.  Please contact the committee!  Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. 

The biggest challenge will be ensuring the 350+ cars will fit onto Wesley oval.  We need YOUR help to make this happen.

An hour of your time is all that is needed to help create a stunning and memorable event!
Present
2023 Tonale Veloce
2018 Abarth 124 Spider
1987 75 3.0

Past
2020 Giulietta Veloce
2015 Giulietta QV
2009 159 3.2 Ti Q4
2012 Giulietta TCT Veloce
2006 147 Ti 2 door Selespeed
1979 Alfasud Ti 1.5

John Hanslow

I have almost finished all of our plans and I can assure you there will be a good range of food available on the day.

Our target is to have every Alfa Romeo we can get on the field to support the event - club member or not; old or new...

We have also modified our Wash'n Shine competition to make it more accessible to our membership at a modest price of $10.  Is a bit of fun and we are giving a range of opportunities to win if you own a new car - old car, spider or otherwise.

Got a spider - add it to the other 100 that will be on display.

Club members, friends, family, alfisti and public all welcome ....

John Hanslow
0409 961 719
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata