Recent new Alfa owner

Started by saratoga, July 24, 2008, 01:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saratoga

Hi,
I replaced a 2 yr old Subaru Outback with a MY05 156 2Lt Selespeed in very tidy condition and love it.  It has to be my daily drive and I got sick of driving a manual through traffic so I am in heaven now with the paddles on the steering wheel. 
I joined this forum to help with any issues I get, afterall it is an Alfa! And I have had a couple of things fixed under warranty already but no car is perfect is it? So any 156 owner's out there say hi, I would like to be able to share experiences and or dramas.  Cheers
Steve

Bruce Fowler

Hi Steve,

Like you I am the proud owner of a 156 Selespeed (03), and also own a Subaru Liberty GT 40 turbo. Give my the alfa any day, it out handles the Liberty which drive like a Fairlane on steriods, but it just can't do it in style and the confidence of the Alfa. Join the club on the next early morning run, its always a great social way of getting to know others with a similiar interest
Current
2018 Giulia Super Veloce Pack

Previous
2009 JTS 2.2 159
2002 156 Selespeed Sports

John Hanslow

Good point Bruce.  There is an increasing range of ativities planned. 

There is a run in August  - to the Dandenongs and back; and also one for the weekend of the Winton 6 Hour which will be to Benalla area. 

This occasion will be a chance for our rural members join us for lunch at a geat country pub.  More details to follow.

Cheers
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata