Selection sensor

Started by Johny drum, October 25, 2016, 08:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johny drum

Hi all new member I have a 156 01 model selespeed error reading Selection sensor O.C or S.C. To +batt.V can any one shed some light as to options do I have to replace sensor or could this be a dodgy connection.
Love the car and a challenge

bazzbazz

Ok, First clean the easiest, the big 20 pin connector between the battery and the engine. Use a aerosol can of good electrical contact cleaner. Make sure you allow the connectors to dry well before reconnecting. Check and see if problem solved.

If still showing error its battery & tray out and clean each connector to the 3 black round sensors on the actuator itself. two on top of it, and the fun one, one the back of the unit near the driveshaft. (Use a mirror)

if its still a no go, time to replace the sensor, I recommend replacing all 3 at once.

here is a link to the CORRECT sensors.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/221118545457?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Baz
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Johny drum

Thank you Baz I will do that and post result love the car and will happily tinker .timong belt next unsure of history so I figure I'll start fresh I think it may have sat for a while and the water pump is a little noisey other than that it's pretty clean and drives well.

Johny drum

Hi Baz just tried the link you gave  me I will get the sensors I was quoted over $300 for one however when I went to the link and put in my car info I got a message telling me it was not suitable do I disregard this I have a 2001 156 2lt
Thanks John

bazzbazz

disregard

They are the correct sensors for your Selespeed.

Baz
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Johny drum

Thanks again Baz cleaning seems to have worked a treat I will grab the sensors though