Alfabb/Melbourne Alfa Owners drive/cruise day

Started by Pete Y, June 12, 2006, 10:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Y

Hi All

I'm organising a nice little cruisy drive sometime in July for Melbourne members of alfabb.com - but it would be good to see as many Alfas (and their owners!) as possible. Please note that this is not an AROCA event, and there is no implication as such - which also means that club plated (CH) cars will not be able to come. It's really just an informal chance to have a drive and enjoy each other's vehicles.

This is copied verbatim from AlfaBB:

SO: With that in mind here are some possible routes, and some possible dates. Please state a preference for a date and state any dates that you absolutely couldnt attend - btw: weddings, birth of 1st child etc etc are not suitable excuses

Route1: "Old Faithful" - Healesville/Black Spur/Buxton
Route2: "Old Faithful 2" - Belgrave/Emerald
Route3: Dromana/Arthurs Seat
Route4: StAndrews/Kinglake/Healesville/Yarra Glen Loop

I know these are all kinda out east but... there ain't much goin west...

Dates dates dates. I havent checked this against AROCA or nothin so if it overlaps tell me.

Sat Jul 15
Sat Jul 22
Sat Jul 29

It'll just be a nice breezy run and will give us a chance to put faces to the names of the BB. Let me know how y'all go just by posting here what you reckon you like and can do.

If you could let me know ASAP regarding dates and preferred route so that I can finalise things and make some route sheets before I jet off on holidays for a few weeks.
Cheerio

Pete

BTW, hope I'm not stepping on any toes by posting this here - if I am please just delete as required. ciao
Mini/'02/Mini/2000 GTV/1750 Berlina/Alfasud Sprint/900 Aero/NB MX5/Punto/Mondeo XR5/up!/MiTo TCT

Fast Eddie

Great enthusiasm and great idea but...

... if you were a member of the club, your efforts of putting this together will probably be better rewarded as we would advise members at the club nights prior to the event, cover it on the website and arrange an after event article in the mag to encourage future support of similar events. 
The organiser and participants would also then be able to earn "points" toward the Annual perpetual trophy and "CH" plated cars could indeed attend.

However, as you state, this isnt an AROCA VIC event nor is it being conducted under CAMS permit.  Thus the club committee probably cannot "officially" support it, even if it is a great idea.  However, neither can we prevent people from attending.

Join the club, put some events like this together and you will get a better return for effort. i reiterate my "refund" offer as in previous chains.
Edward (AROCA VIC Vice President).
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Pete Y

Thanks ed  -believe me I'm joining - it's just not high on my list of financial responsibilities just at the minute. I didn't intend for a moment that this would be running under the auspices of AROCA - just inviting whoever is available on the net to come along. What about yourself??

Ciao

Pete
Mini/'02/Mini/2000 GTV/1750 Berlina/Alfasud Sprint/900 Aero/NB MX5/Punto/Mondeo XR5/up!/MiTo TCT

branko.gt

Peter,

Just a word of warning!. Take it as you like but it is really just an indication of the times we live in!

By organising an event, however informal that organisation may be, you are exposing yourself to liability for any accidents that may occur during the event.
If you organised an event through an organisation of any kind you would not be personally exposed and the participants would benefit from implied insurance cover.

It is just a drive around public roads but accidents do happen and they happen when you least expect them.

I am really not trying to rain on your parade but rather just give you some food for thought!

Regards

Pete Y

Yeah i understand that Branko - that could potentially pose a problem but let's just hope it doesn't. Without trying to sound naive - I like to trust that people do the right thing. Other than that I dont really know how to respond to that other than thanks for the reminder (sincerely, it's hard to be sincere without sounding sarcastic on a forum) and that hopefully I can soon organise such things under the auspices and legal coverage?? of Aroca.

Ciao for now.

BTW... Ed, evan... are you guys in??

Kinglake.. Yarra Glen wineries... Sugarloaf resvr... healesville.. An alfa.. other alfas... sounds almost too good to be true.

Sheldon McIntosh

Well I was gonna take my Alfa for a nice leisurely drive down to Phillip Island on Sun 23 July, and have a picnic and a bottle of wine while I watch some lucky Alfa Club members punting round the track.  Sounds like a nice day to me. Anyone want to join me?

Fast Eddie

good idea Sheldon.  why not mention it tonight or ask Rob and Deb to so that we get a few spectators - and spare seats home if anyone breaks down :o
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Sheldon McIntosh

Why would anyone break down at an Alfa track day?   Do Suds start to rust when they get that close to the sea?   Yeah should be a nice day, was hoping to get some local knowledge of any decent roads between Melbourne and the Island.  I would be racing but it's  a long way from home and I'm worried my car might, erm.... break down.