G'day from Albury Wodonga by a new member with a Spider

Started by drcw71, May 12, 2016, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drcw71

Hello all,
have just recently purchased a 2000 Spider (916 series I believe) that was neglected by a FIFO worker in my region.
It has some issue and I will post up that info/questions as I rectify them.
Just getting it past a roadworthy, had to replace 3 tyres due to scrubbing & uneven wear, LH inner CV boot, remove some window tinting as it was too dark, replace the reverse light switch and tidy the globe holders. All good now.
Needed a good clean due to dust & cigarette smoke.
Have been looking for one of these for nearly 2 years as I like the body styling and wanted the 2Lt TS engine.
It is something to play with and enjoy for a while as other interest is WW2 vehicles. Something a little different for me.
My wife quite enjoys it.

Regards

Darrin

Alfapride

Welcome to the forum! Great car you have there beautifully designed. The twin spark is a fun engine be sure to change the timing belts every 3 years or 50,000km they tend to break plenty of info here on the forum. Enjoy the driving experience
Alfa 33 16v
Alfa 116 Giulietta
Alfa 116 Alfetta GTV
Alfa MY2004 147 TI
Alfa MY19 Giulia Veloce

colcol

And check the oil level every week and use 10-40 fully synthetic oil of the making of your favourite brand of oil, some twin sparks use a lot of oil, some don't, the oil should be changed on a timely manner or the recommended distance, for a long engine life, do the oil filter as well, unlike the Busso, the filters on the twin sparks are easy to get at, enjoy your ownership, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

agent86

Hi Darrin,
My name is Mark also from Albury-Wodonga I have a 1998 GTV V6 that is very much a weekend car. I would be happy to exchange info on these under rated future classics as there are only a few in our area. Feel free to pm me thru the forum and we can get together sometime.
Cheers
agent86 
Current Alfa's/etc
1998 GTV 3.0 V6 Tropical Green
2003 BMW 320i Touring
Priors
1974 Piper Yellow Berlina 2000 
1970 Red Berlina 1750 won best Alfa sedan at 2007 Auto Italia ACT
1968 Burgundy Berlina Mk1
1970 Navy Berlina
1970 White Berlina
1968 White Berlina Mk1 full Webasto roof

TonyCam

Hi Darrin,
I bought a similar model from my brother cause he sold it to me cheap. He upgraded to a newer model (2007 Spider). Mine is black & fun car to drive.
Share some pics if you can, love to see some.

Regards Tony