Replacement 159 JTS TI Key

Started by Tassie159, August 24, 2015, 10:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tassie159

Guys i know there have been a few posts re replacement keys but i am finding it difficult to follow. 

Sorry to go over old ground but can anyone tell me the latest way i can get a replacement key for my 159.  By the looks of the research they are over $1k to replace.  Given my car cost less than 10k i didn't want to spend that much.  Before you ask i bought the car thinking it had two keys but the old owners dad seemed to have lost it after i bought the car.

Any help will be appreciated.

Smithy in Tassie
2007 159 JTS 2.2 TI

sidmann

to purchase the key they are around the 400 dollar mark plus programming. i got mine for 332 staff price because my brother works at the dealer.
the spare parts catalog is full of errors and i was quoted the same as you first time i checked, then order another part i think it was just the remote section on the diagram. it comes coded to your vehicle and key blade is ready cut.

i was greedy and wanted 3 keys by trying to program myself a used one and instead ruined one of the two keys i had in the process :(.

order key from alfa my part number was 71740257 on the parts diagram. have ownership registration details with you.
they then have your ecu and immobiliser details programmed into the key in italy.
after 4 weeks when you receive it, the key needs to be added/programmed again to your vehicle with existing keys (all keys that you have available) you will need security code for this procedure. check your log book folder for the security card.
once programmed, any keys that are missing will no longer start the car, and CANNOT be added later on, it is blacklisted in the immobiliser.

Tassie159

Thanks for the tips Sidmann. I will let you know how i go.

Thanks again
2007 159 JTS 2.2 TI

As the day goes

VeeSix

$1000.00 for a replacement key, I know it is the same with some other brands of car, but honestly, what a absolute joke! and keys via their size are so easy to lose, what happened to when a replacement key was $5.00 to $10.00? this will spell the end of a lot of cars once they age.....
Is it possible to simply swap the ecu that has two keys still with it out of a wrecked/crashed 159 or does some other barrier come up?
1985 Alfa Romeo GTV6 V6 2.5 12V 
1986 Alfa Romeo 90 V6 2.5 12V
1990 Alfa Romeo 75 V6 3.0 12V Potenziata
1990 Alfa Romeo 164 V6 3.0 12V Zender
1991 Alfa Romeo 164 V6 3.0 12V QV
1992 Alfa Romeo 164 V6 3.0 12V QV

bazzbazz

You need a matched set of Key (with immo chip) Engine ECU and Body Computer.

Wanna take a guess how much THAT will set you back for a 159 from a wreckers?   ;)

Baz
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

As the day goes