Sample videos from new GoPro Hero Video Camera

Started by alfagtv100 (Biggus), July 13, 2008, 11:25:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfagtv100 (Biggus)

Hi all,

A recent visit to Maranello Motors cost me $295, I hadn't expected to spend.
I picked up a GoPro Hero video camera (http://www.goprocamera.com/)

It comes with a good selection of adhesive mounting brackets (both curved and flat), which the camera firmly slides on to.  It also includes an excellent suction cup mounting.  This has an incredibly strong hold on glass and body panels.  You can add a number of arm options, to provide a wide range of mounting positions and angles.
The quality of the video is excellent, though the I feel the sound is not optimum, as it doesnt seem to pick up the broom broom sounds well.
For the money, these units are not bad.  Shop around and you will pay between from $250 - $300.
I made some test videos this morning.  I These files were compressed to allow me to load them on Youtube.  The actual quality is much better.
If anyone is interested, search Youtube for the following (I have not worked out how to embed videos on the forum.
Alfa Romeo 159Ti 3.2 GoPro Hero Movie Test 1
Alfa Romeo 159Ti 3.2 GoPro Hero Movie Test 2
Alfa Romeo 159Ti 3.2 GoPro Hero Movie Test 3
Marco Leoncelli
2017 Giulia. Yeah, baby.
1971 1750 GTV Coupe Series II
Past: 2008 159 Ti V6 3.2, RenaultSport Clio 182 (smuf blue).

Mat Francis

Great stuff Marco, all my footage is taken on a very similar camera, which also has poor sound. a very useful tool for improvement on the track i have found  :D
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

Evan Bottcher

All footage was taken under controlled circumstances by trained professionals.  Don't try this at home kiddies.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Gary Pearce

Hey Marco, Video 1, about 90 sec in, parked on the right hand side of the road, on-coming. Is that a Vic Police camera car?
They might have just the footage that you are looking for.
1966 Giulia GTC
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
1974 Metalic Green Montreal
1966 Giulia Super Blue
1980 Mazda B1800
1989 MX5
2013 MB C250 Coupe

greengtv8

hi there...we sell the hero camera's at work too, and i was thinking about dropping acouple in and around my car at the August Winton sprint...dose anyone know if i'd be aloud to have just the camera outside the car(solidly mounted) or am i going to need to put a box around it aswell???
Little green Alfetta gtv 1982
Fitted with:
Lexus V8 4Ltr
Supra w58 g/box
LS400 IRS rear susp.& 8 1/2' diff
Coil over's all round
Nissan R32 Front brakes
Peddle box,balance bar & adj.bias valve's
9 point roll cage(inc. engine bay)
Custom Extractors & exhaust
Custom body kit & under tray

alfagtv100 (Biggus)

I am not sure about the answer to your question but am sure some of our more experienced racers would be able to confirm.

The suction cup mount is very well engineered and incredibly strong but probably would not pass scrutineering.  The adhesive mounts screwed in place, may pass.

Cheers,

Marco
Marco Leoncelli
2017 Giulia. Yeah, baby.
1971 1750 GTV Coupe Series II
Past: 2008 159 Ti V6 3.2, RenaultSport Clio 182 (smuf blue).

Scott Farquharson

any external mount would have to be secured by a metal strap, the screw type attachement in the bottom of most camera's or a suction type mount would be insufficient.
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)