We are going to Mallala!

Started by Victor Lee, June 10, 2006, 06:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victor Lee

Hi all,

Just letting everyone know that two AROCA Vic teams are going to South Australia next weekend to participate in their 6 Hour Regularity Sprint at Mallala (Sunday 18th June).

The teams are:

VICTOREE RACING
Victor Lee and Mary Lee .... Alfetta GTV6 3lt 24v
Tony Hawker .... Alfetta GTV6 2.5lt
Kevin Nesci .... Alfetta GTV 2lt
Ray Pignataro and Sue Pignataro .... Alfa Sud 1.5lt

TEAM ALFA
Phill Baskett .... 105 2lt
Ian James .... Guilia Super
Alex Caldwell .... Alfetta GTV 2lt
Rob Dale and Allan Goodall .... Alfa 75 2lt

Last year Phil's team got a podium spot in third place (what a great first time performance) and our team took 4th place.  There were 20 teams entered.

This year there are 19 teams entered.  Lets hope we can do as good or better than last year!  :D

I'll report back after the event hopefully with some good news!

Victor Lee

Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

alfagtv58

1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Brett

Righto all,
time to drag those cars out of the mothballs, crank em over, pump up the tyres and whack em on the trailer. It's time to go to South Oz!
One more sleep till the big road trip, doo dah, doo dah! Good luck all, stay on the black stuff and come home in one piece!

Scott Farquharson

Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Fast Eddie

okay, so i am anxious to know... how did y'all go? ???
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Brett

Unconfirmed at this stage but sounds like Victoree Racing came tenth and Team Alfa came SECOND!
Great effort, and a great weekend ! Confirmation and hopefully some photos later.

Evan Bottcher

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Fantastic!  Bring on the final results and any photos!

Great stuff...  8)
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

alfagtv58

I am pleased to confirm that Team Alfa did in fact come in Second place on the weekend.  We had a great run, and by all accounts it was one of the closest scores between first and second that they have had (our final factor would also have won the event in previous years).

A BIG BIG thank you must go to our helpers on the weekend.  Claudia Baskett (Team Manager & my wife), Jordan Caldwell (Alex's son, who spent a number of hours on the hill timing laps and calling them on the radio over to pit wall, awesome effort for someone who is about to turn 10 years old!!), Stewart Matthewson (Motorsport tragic and my brother in law), Rae James (Ian's wife).  Thanks to you guys as this event would be impossible to do without you.

I must also mention that Ian James was celebrating this event as the 20th '6 Hour' he has competed in.  That's a lot of laps that fantastic little Gulia Super has done!

Attached (hopefully) is some photo's.  The first is the team cars (we should have called the team 'Alfa Evolution'), the second is cars and drivers, the third is two of our support crew, the fourth is drivers with trophies, and finally our complete '2006 Team Alfa'.
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

alfagtv58

Last two photo's......
2009 159 JTS Ti

alfagtv58

Sorry, should have explained who the peoples in the picture's were......

Drivers (Left to Right) - Allan Goodall, Alex Caldwell, Rob Dale, Phil Baskett, Ian James.

Complete Team (Left to Right and kneeling down) - Allan Goodall, Alex Caldwell, Rob Dale, Claudia Baskett, Phil Baskett, Ian James, Rae James, Jordan Caldwell, Stew Matthweson.

Cheers :)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Scott Farquharson

CONGRATULATIONS Guys - very well done!!

Is there a trend 3rd, 2nd - what next year!!
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)