Guest Speaker at tonights meeting

Started by alfagtv58, July 09, 2008, 11:27:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfagtv58

Tonight's meeting has a couple of very good guest speakers.

We have Fred & Christine Gibson coming along  :)

Both Fred & Christine have driven Alfa's at Bathurst and Fred as everyone knows went on to run several race teams which have won multiple Touring Car Championships and Bathurst victory's (including the now infamous Nissan GTR era).

It promises to be really interesting.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

alfagtv58

For those that were there, did you enjoy hearing from Fred & Christine?

I know I certainly did, I thought it was great, very candid and really interesting to hear about everything from when they both drove in the 60's right though to taking on the Nissan race team and beyond, hearing about the heady days of tobacco sponsorship and then some of the personalities involved in Motorsport.

And personally I was stoked, I have run 58 on my car for a long time mainly due to a photo of Christine driving an Alfetta at Bathurst.....I now have a signed copy of that photo that is going straight to the pool room  ;D (Thanks muchly to Barry for giving me a copy of the photo)
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Mat Francis

Being a young'n who had no interest in motor sport until fairly recently i had never heard of Fred or Christine before- but they were great. I had no idea that any Alfa's had raced competitively at Bathurst, let alone all the other things he told stories of. An exa race car! the wonders will never cease! It was all very interesting. Well done on organizing such great guests  :D 
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie