CH Plates and other stuff.

Started by Pete Y, July 05, 2008, 12:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Y

Greetings..

I read recently that 2 years ago an idea was drafted between the AOMC and Vicroads to move the club permit scheme to a 90-day logbook as opposed to the rather clunky and inflexible current system. Was just wondering if the club had any further knowledge on how far this did/has progressed?

Secondly, it's been very kind of you guys to keep sending me Cross & Serpent and Alleggerita even though I didn't renew my membership in September of 2007.

Thirdly, if I was to join the club again, seeing as I'm already "on the books" so to speak (and clearly on the current mailing list!!) whats the chance of getting that pesky signup fee waived?

Fourthly, I have the skills, connections and ideas to take up the vacancy of Club Librarian if said membership does eventuate.

Fifthly, I may take up club permit organiser too if it's not too much work.

Regards

Pete Young
Mini/'02/Mini/2000 GTV/1750 Berlina/Alfasud Sprint/900 Aero/NB MX5/Punto/Mondeo XR5/up!/MiTo TCT

branko.gt

interestingly each state seem to have different scheme for club plates. In WA you can even have custom club plates. Same as you, I have not heard anything past the initial rumour couple of years back.  If you think about it, joining a club with busy calendar let's you use your car more often. If the said club had a calendar that included associated events that would give you even greater choice of opportunities.

ad 3) I'm sure that as a returning member you will qualify for a sign-up fee waiver.  ;)

ad 4) All volunteers are gratefully welcome  ;D

ad 5) Permit is singed by our membership secretary or by his approval as he has access to current membership roll.

and finally, does this mean that the love is back and the berlina is back in ?

alfagtv58

Quote from: Branko Turk on July 05, 2008, 02:14:52 AM
ad 5) Permit is singed by our membership secretary or by his approval as he has access to current membership roll.

We have three people who are currently registered with Vic Roads who are able to sign the forms.
1. Membership Sec. (Anthony Sharp)
2. Secretary (Me)
3. President (Barry Edmunds)
All three of us are kept updated by Anthony as to current financial members.

Just for clarification - If it is a renewal, you just need one of the above to sign the renewal form.  If it is a first time on club plates you will need to provide a RWC with all the forms before we can sign.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Pete Y

Sorry guys I think we have some wires crossed.

I'm not renewing a club permit, I don't have one and probably won't look to get one if the 90 day scheme isn't around the corner.
By point 5), I meant in C&S there is a vacant position for "Club Permit Administrator". It sounds rather ambiguous, but I'm sure it's not too much work.

As for my vehicles... Unfortunately Spettacolo 2007 was the last time (for now) that red Berlina will be seen in Victoria, it was sold on 25/11/07 to the dark side (NSW). So, I've been driving a Hyundai for the moment (ah, the ignominy of it all) as a daily car, but am looking at getting something for a weekend toy - hence the 90 day logbook sounds like a tastier idea than giving Vicroads another $600. Hopefully something FWD, made in the city with nowhere to put their domestic waste!

Mini/'02/Mini/2000 GTV/1750 Berlina/Alfasud Sprint/900 Aero/NB MX5/Punto/Mondeo XR5/up!/MiTo TCT

Doug Gould

Pete

I think you were really wanting to discuss the craziness of the Victorian CH plates. You are correct that every state is different and that the Victorian system is most draconian. By the way all of this is compounded by corresponding differences in 3rd party insurance.

In Victoria all registration other than standard registration is a permit system managed under victorian regulations (not legislation). I understand that Vicroads are currently reviewing all of these permit based regulations (CH plates, trade plates, engineering registration, international visiting vehicles, etc). I understand that the SA type system of log books is favoured. I'm aware that this review has been underway for about 18 months. I have no idea of its progress or if & when it might be introduced.

Doug
08 159 JTS
07 Brera
85 GTV6
72 Montreal
65 2600 Sprint
60 VW Beetle