Picnic at Hanging Rock Car Show

Started by Alfa156Melb1, February 15, 2016, 04:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfa156Melb1

So we found out about this show at the last minute on Sunday and decided to take a drive out there to see what it was all about... They said 2,500 cars on display and with that number there'd be sure to have at least a few interesting cars...

Well, it was a great day! Some Euro's there, not many - perhaps we should change that?

and more random pics from others on their facebook page.... including the biggest number of visitor cars this side of the GM factory.

https://www.facebook.com/events/208263152854474/permalink/221450408202415/

Garibaldi

I don't see any reason why we couldn't have a club display there next year. We just need someone to organise it. Does anyone know anybody involved with this show?

Alfa156Melb1

Well I'm trying to get credentials to shoot there next year so that I can publish images from the event - So I'm making contacts as we speak...  leave it with me.

Evan Bottcher

Superb idea, it's a great day out in a beautiful setting. I've been to 2-3 AROCA displays there but not for a few years, I suppose interest shifted elsewhere. Like you say it just requires someone to organise in advance, publish a muster point etc.  if you organise it, I'll come along  :)
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Alfa156Melb1

Giddy up then - I'll turn on my charm and see what happens..

I'll just have to learn to speak their language.. can anyone here speak holden?  There's varying dialects too.. yank tank, american muscle car.. rusted bomb...  :P

They definately need a injection of good taste  ;D

John Hanslow

Sounds like a good family day out.

Once we get some details, we can find a volunteer to take bookings and a drive there. 

Is it worth a scenic drive there or do we go together direct ?

Ideas please as I have not been there for many years.

John Hanslow
0409 961 719.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

Jess159

Sorry for the late comment.
Very nice photos also Dave :)

Hanging rock is a nice drive, and only about 35 minutes from where I am so I would definitely be up for a drive there one day.