86 GTV6 window wiring - photo needed please

Started by GTVeloce, January 17, 2016, 10:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTVeloce

Could someone with an 86 GTV6 take a photo of the wires that come out of the back of your window switches? I believe the 86 model had illuminated switches and I am curious to see what order the wires are and where the extra earth wire fits in. Then I am going to buy some illuminated Range Rover switches and hey presto! I currently have a non-illuminated RR switch to experiment with but it only works in one direction with the current wiring setup I have. I believe they are a drop-in replacement for the 86 model.

If I get this to work, is anyone interested in buying a couple of illuminated switches from me? The pack comes with 7 switches for the RR but I only need two... Only looking to share the cost, not make a profit so shouldn't be expensive and it is a brand new switch with LED lights.

GTVeloce

Interesting. It looks exactly similar to mine but with an earth wire looping from the other earth and the feed wire (red) in the centre. Thanks for posting.

Where did you get the $6 switches from? eBay?

GTVeloce

Oh, and one more request! Any chance you have the wiring diagram for the windows for the 86 model? I have many wiring diagrams but not one for the 86 model. It may be in the back of your original owners manual if you have it. Want to make sure I am not going to fry anything before I start changing wiring locations. Thanks

ACE

Hey GT,
This is my early GTV6 (not 86)
Same wires but the wiring order is different to yours (live and earth appear to be swapped on yours?) Apart from the extra earth lead, mine appears to be the same configuration as Sporti's, I.e. Live/red wire to centre terminal

bteoh

I'll be interested in getting illumination on my switches too. Keep me posted :)