cabin filter fitment to 98 model 916 spider

Started by sportyone, November 12, 2015, 07:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sportyone

Hey Jesus,

Mate, I see you did some research sometime back for your Phase 1, what was the final out come ?

I have the same model, I just fitted one to my 156, so happy with the result thought I'd have another go at hooking one

up on the 916 spider, but as what often happens posts develop then drop off without any resolvement ?

did you find a solution ?

cheers

Cool Jesus

No cabin filter for the spider, (well at least the RHD version) if that's what your asking? I think it may be due to the convertable thing, but I.m really squeexing the grey matter now. Can you throw up a link to my research and I can then finish it off, I too hate finding open ended threads and I might be able to refresh my memory.
Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

sportyone

looking at your fotos and taking off the plastic cover there is just an access hole supplying air to the fan, strangely when I purchased a cabin filter for my 156 they sent me one wrong one & supplied one as two smaller filters which I think must fit the later model 156. looking at them I reckon one could quite easily fit over the spider fan hole and would be held in place by the wiper motor bracket which passes over the hole. do you think it would reduce the flow of air too much ?