Specialized Coating for Stainless Steel Manifold Advice Please

Started by GT1750, October 26, 2015, 08:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GT1750

Hello fellow Alfisti. I am a newish member and had an opportunity to display my 105 at the Italian Festa in Lygon Street on the weekend passed and introduce myself to some of the members. Whilst in conversation, I was advised that it is possible to ceramic coat on stainless steel. I obviously was not aware of this, so I wanted to reach out to you all in an effort to understand if anyone can recommend to me a reputable/professional company that can apply coating on my stainless steel extractors.

I'm afraid that although beautiful as the AlfaHolics stainless sports exhaust are, I didn't take into considering how much heat emission they would deliver under the bonnet. Especially with my twin spark setup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Craig_m67

I used competition coatings here in Brisbane for some mild steel headers, I'd be surprised if stainless changed the application any. Service was exceptional, two day turn around. I expect their is a similar outfit in Melb.

'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

Barry Edmunds

There is a company in Audrey Avenue North Coburg who does ceramic coating. They were part of The Blast Factory at #10 but shifted next door.
Try 9354 8021, they should be able to re-direct you to the correct tel #

massiveluvbuddy67

Hi

I recommend Competition Coatings in Audrey Avenue in Coburg North. Speak to Andrew Newman on 9350 6350. Say Phil Nash from the Alfa Club recommended you. He is a top guy.

+1 on Barry's recommendation