Wanted - Avgas

Started by Stuart Thomson, June 18, 2008, 10:48:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuart Thomson

Hi All,

I need a sample of Avgas for work.  Only need a few mls, so if anyone has any sitting around I'd like to sample it.

I work in Port Melbourne and live in Werribee, so anywhere near or between these two would be great.

Cheers
Stuart

Gary Pearce

Why don't you nick in to the Point Cook Flying club on your way home Stu.
I'm sure if you arrive there with your little vile they won't have any trouble pouring you out a bit.
Peter Clark is the man in charge 93951735   pcfc@pointcook.org
1966 Giulia GTC
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
1974 Metalic Green Montreal
1966 Giulia Super Blue
1980 Mazda B1800
1989 MX5
2013 MB C250 Coupe

Sheldon McIntosh

Quote from: Stuart Thomson on June 18, 2008, 10:48:21 AM
I need a sample of Avgas for work. 

Course it's for work.....Look out if Stu's car is a bit quicker down the straight at PI.

Brings back memories.  When I was racing bikes back in NZ, the petrol station outside the track had an Avgas pump.  Bloody handy that.

Scott Farquharson

A defence dept scientist wants a bit of avgas for work......Mmmmmm....don't know about you but you've got my attention...com'on Stu....some sort of post apocolyptic Mad Max style Alfa with all sorts of state of the art weaponry......would be perfect for those packed sports car grids...
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Doug Gould

Stuart

I don't think you'll have any trouble getting a small sample. You could see Mark Roffey at Tyson's at Moorabbin, he's a really nice guy. Point cook would be easiest for you, but it tends to be pretty beuracratic there. I don't know about Essendon but you could just call the fuel agent. Pretty much any flying school or aircraft owner would drain you off a litre. If you get stuck, I'll get you some from our aeroplane - but we keep it at Tyabb - so it wil take me a few days.

In case you're not across it - all AVGAS is now 100LL. Whereever you go will get the same stuff.

I was at Woomera last week for the V8 Supercars aero tests. I might post some pictures later in the week. I fuelled at Port Augusta on the way back where Avgas was $2.12 per litre. The aeroplane took 242 litres. You tend not to worry so much about car fuel prices after that.

Doug
08 159 JTS
07 Brera
85 GTV6
72 Montreal
65 2600 Sprint
60 VW Beetle

a sharp

Stu
I thought that you would just follow normal defence purchasing procudures,

1 Buy $20,000,000 plane.
2 Drain 100ml of fuel.
3 Scrap plane.

Is defence that hard up, if so I know a few online hunting stores in the US that sell just about every thing the army could want at drit cheap prices. Well Stu if you are not on any Watch lists yet, you will be soon!

Doug Gould

Stuarts problem (among others) will be that defence no longer have any aircraft that use AVGAS. All the aircraft now use JET A-1.

Doug
08 159 JTS
07 Brera
85 GTV6
72 Montreal
65 2600 Sprint
60 VW Beetle

Stuart Thomson

Waddya mean "among others"??????????

Thanks Doug, you coming to the six hour meeting?  If you could get me a small amount and bring it along, please?

The guys from Point Cook haven't gotten back to me.

Cheers
Stuart