Hampton Street Fathers Day Car Show

Started by Alfa156Melb1, September 07, 2015, 04:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfa156Melb1

Last Saturday was the annual Hampton Street Fathers Day Car Show and what a fantastic day it was!  There was a huge variety of cars ranging from Classic Alfa's, modern Ferrari's, a selection of vintage cars including a lovely Bentley and Peter Sheppard's beautiful 1923 RL Alfa.  There was also a large selection of American heaps I dare not mention.

AROCA had 6 cars on display – Mal Muir's 90, Gary Pearce's GTC Guilia, Kristian Reyes' slammed 156 and David Warner's Duetto along with Peter's RL.  Oh, and Ron Loccisano confused his Maserati for an Alfa, at least it was red!  ;D

I was taken aback at how popular this show is, there were huge crowds wondering up and down the street and great entertainment – of particular note a Mexican guitarist who put on one of the best street performances I've seen in ages! Check out his website if you want to learn how to be a rock star: www.mexmusic.com.au

Here's some photo's of the day:

http://www.davehewison.com/All-Galleries/Alfa-Romeo-Owners-Club-of-Aust/Hampton-Street-Car-Show/

kaleuclint

Thanks for the photos Dave!  I live not too far away from Hampton Street (and was there the next day ...) -- wasn't too sure of the quality event so didn't make the effort to get there.  Wish I had now!

Fortunately Church Street in Brighton on any given Saturday morning becomes a less organized display of exotics.
2011 159ti 1750TBi

As the day goes

Was this on the calendar or an impromptu Alfs meet?

John Hanslow

It was a direct invitation to local alfisti from Hampton traders and also a few register captains cars were there as we had a meeting earlier that morning.

Just calendar is a bit full and we normally do not include local events, only the larger ones like Motorclassica, Lygon Street Festival and a few larger state events.

If you want to get involved with local events,  email me at register@alfaclubvic.org.au so you can be placed on the list for next year.

JH.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata