Jetronic Relay

Started by Southern75, June 12, 2008, 09:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southern75

Hi all,

Just wondering if there is anyway of overhauling the jetronic relay in the 75/90 v6

My 75 has developed the habit of stopping in the most inconvenient spots e.g. Sydney Harbour Tunnel, Eastern Distributor and a number of major Sydney Intersections.

I know that this problem is occurring due to the jetronic relay having a hissey fit ... apparently the way it is stopping indicates its the injector side of the relay.

I have dissasembled the relay and resoldered all joints and cleaned up the relay contacts both internal and external, however the solenoid on the injector side still feels sticky or excessively magnetic.

I was going to buy a new unit, however they seem impossible to get ... second hand ... similar story.

The question i ask is ... can the solendoid be purchased separately so i can solder a new one to the pcb?

Secondly ... can i solder in the guts of a cheaper relay so as to overcome this sticking?

Thirdly ... is there a generic option that can replace this expensive and rare bosch unit?
Rust, nah that's not rust .... its iron oxide!!!

Alfas:
1977 Alfasud ti (race)
1980 Alfasud ti (race)
1987 75 V6 (toy)
2008 147 JDTM (sensible?)

Alfa166

The Jet-tronic injection system is usually common to other European cars of the era , i would check out some wreckers yards to see if you can locate another relay. What does the relay actually activate and how many pins does it have on it as suggested you may be able to replace with a generic.

alfagtv58

Dunno if this is much help, but certainly worth a look....

http://www.hiperformancestore.com/Ljetronic.htm

1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Southern75

Hi Guys thanks for the help.

I managed to get a new one here in Sydney ... while it was expensive it didn't break the bank and its new and hopefully won't stick.

Alfas:
1977 Alfasud ti (race)
1980 Alfasud ti (race)
1987 75 V6 (toy)

mutters

G'day Matthew

Could you please keep us updated with this?

There are a few of us here with the same problem, but with different solutions that appear to work for a while and then fail when the seasons change.

Like where did you get the relay, what was the cost and has it solved the problem? ???

mutters

Southern75

I got the relay from my mechanic ... Automoda in Five Dock.

It was around the 200 mark

Alfas:
1977 Alfasud ti (race)
1980 Alfasud ti (race)
1987 75 V6 (toy)