The New Alfa Romeo Giulia

Started by EJ83Alfetta, June 25, 2015, 07:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EJ83Alfetta

The New Alfa Romeo Giulia was just announced and apparently, the Quadrifoglio Verde model houses a 510hp twin turbo 3L v6 and it'll do 0-100 in 4 seconds!
1983 Alfetta Migliorata Sedan

SPDR76

1976 Spider; 2015 Giulietta qv line; 2018 Stelvio D First Edition

Previously:
1983 Alfasud ti 1.5
1988 Alfa 33 Boxer
1994 Audi 90 Quattro
2002 Subaru WRX
2006 Subaru WRX Sti Pignose

Barry Edmunds

On looks alone this car shapes as being very capable of kicking some BMW and Audi butt.

Evan Bottcher

Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Beatle

Quote from: Barry Edmunds on June 25, 2015, 05:48:58 PM
On looks alone this car shapes as being very capable of kicking some BMW and Audi butt.

I'll need to see one in the flesh, and with the bonnet open on the V6 before passing final judgement.  However my first impression on the exterior styling, side profile,  is that someone tried to jam a BMW 1-series inside a Mazda 6 ..............

They should have done something more unique with the lights styling at both ends.  But I guess the 156 and 159 are hard acts to follow.

My real gripe is why they re-used the Giulia tag.   
Paul B
QLD

Past:
'79 GTV - Loyal 1st love
'76 GT - Track entry
'89 75TS - Saved
'76 Alfetta - Sacrificed
'83 GTV6 - NT bullet
'67 Duetto - Fun
'66 Super - Endearing
'92 164 - Stunning
'85 90 - Odd
'04 GT 3.2 Rosso/Tan - Glorious
'02 156 V6 Auto Rosso/Tan - Useful daily

Gusto

Everyone keeps saying it looks like a BMW. It's got vents in the guards and bonnet but that's about the only similarity I see. I'll be lining up to get my hands on one to see if it lives up to the Giulia badge and a return to alfas roots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Backto105

I think this will be a winner!!

Forget BMW and Audi.... this is will be out hunting AMG C63's for breakfast!!

With this and the 4C, we are finally going back to what Alfa is all about....

... and hence the traditional names like 8C, 4C and Giulia....

Giulia has always been associated with the 4 door sedan that can hold it's own against the sporty coupes of various brands....

... and did you see the size of the front discs??!!!!
Mark Patane
Current
1750 GTV SII TS (105) (French Blue)
2000 GTV (105) (Dutch Blue)
2000 S2 Spider (105) (Med Blue)
1963 Jaguar Mk2 (Golden Sand)
1960 MGA (Old English White)
1985 Jaguar XJ6 Sovereign (Clarendon Blue)
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Conv (Sapphire Silver Blue)
2013 Jaguar XJ (Rhodium Silver

aggie57

Quote from: Backto105 on June 26, 2015, 08:57:41 PM
... and did you see the size of the front discs??!!!!

Did indeed - they're huge! 
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

colcol

There is a feature on the new Alfa Romeo Giulia in the pathetic motoring liftout in the Age, from the Australian point of view, with a clear picture of the newly tooled Alfa Romeo logo.
Makes a change from the normal in depth road test of four wheel drives.
And the good news is that Alfa Romeo will have a range of four wheel drives in the future, with bits borrowed, [surprise] from their American cousins, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

As the day goes

Quote from: colcol on June 27, 2015, 10:09:13 AM
There is a feature on the new Alfa Romeo Giulia in the pathetic motoring liftout in the Age, from the Australian point of view, with a clear picture of the newly tooled Alfa Romeo logo.
Makes a change from the normal in depth road test of four wheel drives.
And the good news is that Alfa Romeo will have a range of four wheel drives in the future, with bits borrowed, [surprise] from their American cousins, Colin.

Jeep Cherokee no doubt

Duk

Has anybody seen an actual engine back pictures or cut-away drawings of the car?
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much talk about the car's looks and no real talk about the car's substance.
Photo's of the car look like mock ups. Notice that there are no noticable coolers (intercoolers/radiators) in the fron of the 'car'???

Give me technical data and photos/drawing of how and what goes on underneath!

Generic motoring media is BOOOOOOOOOOOOORING!
The Daily: Jumped Up Taxi (BF F6 Typhoon). Oh the torque! ;)
The Slightly More Imediate Project: Supercharged Toyota MR2.
The Long Standing Conundrum: 1990 75 V6 (Potenziata)............. What to do, what to do???

Craig_m67

Quote from: Duk on June 27, 2015, 03:46:35 PM
Has anybody seen an actual engine back pictures or cut-away drawings of the car?
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much talk about the car's looks and no real talk about the car's substance.
Photo's of the car look like mock ups. Notice that there are no noticable coolers (intercoolers/radiators) in the fron of the 'car'???

Give me technical data and photos/drawing of how and what goes on underneath!

Generic motoring media is BOOOOOOOOOOOOORING!

Internet is full of information, pictures, videos etc., you're not trying hard enough :)

[img]

'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

Gusto

Thanks for sharing! I've spent some time looking for driveline photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poohbah

Well I want one. But no AWD. Just give me a V6 RWD with a normal manual box (but no doubt they'll offer paddles only).

If the money gods are smiling on me, my plan is to wait til they've been on sale a couple of years, let the normal Alfa depreciation work its magic then have a crack at one for a fraction of the original sale price.
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

Craig_m67

The two shown are both six speed manuals.
Lots of pictures on quatroroute of the interiors (through the glass)
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)