Alfasud's for sale, but what value?

Started by James D, May 11, 2015, 09:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportscar Nut

Sud looks great in the pictures and good luck selling.

Value is hard to gauge as the Sud market in Aust is 'thin' but there are genuine collectors out there. The higher the price, the longer will take to sell but around $4K pending condition. For a collector, believe the real value of the car is in the body as this is typically the most expensive part of any resto but as Col mentioned, the interiors are also hard to restore. Mechanicals are cheap & easy on the 1.5 engine.

IMO, would not bother getting RWC/ registration etc as good chance car will be sold interstate.

Cheers
Paul

colcol

Remember the '75 4 door that got sold on ebay a few months back?, went for about 15k, the buyer purchased it without looking at it in the flesh, just looking at it on the screen, and brought it back to the UK and did a piece on what a good car it was, as they were all gone in the UK, but there are still a few gems to be had in the relatively dry climate of Australia.
To me the 4 door is more desirable, as it very rare now, as the twin carb was a limited edition and more highly prized and less likely to be taken to Simms Metal as i did to a crashed early Sud about 20 years ago, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

aggie57

I agree with Colin. The best market for early 4-door Suds seems to be in the UK, sad as that is as it means losing what looks like a good car. Suggest you put a post up in Alfaowner.com.
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

James D

hi James.
what sort of money are you after for red TI. I am very interested in it if right price. could you please send me your number so we can negotiate.
thanks vince

Evan Bottcher

Quote from: colcol on May 14, 2015, 09:14:48 PM
Remember the '75 4 door that got sold on ebay a few months back?, went for about 15k, the buyer purchased it without looking at it in the flesh...

Pretty sure the $15k Sud was a two-door Ti. Might have been a different car, but unlikely.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

James D

Yes, I found the thread on Classic Alfa and it was a 2 door.  Looked pretty good too.

ItalCarGuy

yep, the early 2 door Ti is a rare beast! Most have returned to the earth. Wish I could find one cheap. I have driven an early 4 door and they are pretty fun though. Good luck with the sale. Wish I could help you with storage Craig but as you know I am already over my Alfa quota...

looks like I bought two suds. :)
now to get them home

colcol

Great news Enzo, 2 cars saved from going back to the UK, the 4 door is very rare, will be interested to see what condition its in, put it on club plates and drive it on a nice dry sunny day on a Sunday club run, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

thanks Colin. now to work out how to get them down here. Both will go on club reg. minor restore on blue car and find and replace 1.2 engine. if possible.

colcol

Years ago the 1.2 engines and 4 speed gearboxes were used to prop doors open at wrecking yards, all gone to Simms Metal, but there should be a few left in a dark corner somewhere, Colin.

aggie57

Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

Craig_m67

I had a 1.2Ti gearbox in my 1.5QV Sprint once. Useless on the Parkway but hilarious around the suburbs. Good luck with the little blue one. Just the wrong time for me unfortunately.
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)