giuletta QV manual discontinued

Started by 310, April 30, 2015, 10:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FIAT Chrysler has announced that the  Giulietta QV manual will be discontinued and will only be available with TCT.
What ever happened to driver makes the choice. Has no one seen the Terminator movies. SKYNET is sitting and waiting to take over.
A real car needs 3 pedals and a gear stick.

Garibaldi

Unfortunately the manual transmission is going the way of the dinosaur. Out of all the cars I sell you would be lucky if 1 in 10 was a manual. Enthusiasts aside, people just don't want them anymore.  :(

I know but where is the fun of it TCT is nice but I am all for gear change a true Alfa has 3 pedals not 2

colcol

A true Alfa Romeo has 3 pedals and a FOOTREST, with a pedal setup for heeling and toeing, just like in a MiTo.
If anything nice can be said about a Selespeed is that the pain and development the Selespeed caused led to the truly good Twin Clutch Transmission, Uncle Col was taken for a ride in a TCT Giulietta by one his Alfa Romeo brothers and it is a really good piece of kit, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Alfapride

I think in mainstream cars they will disappear most people want comfort and technology now and all these modern engines whilst are more efficient and quick they don't feel as fun as the older cars...manual transmission will probably survive only in the super cars for the real purists...
Alfa 33 16v
Alfa 116 Giulietta
Alfa 116 Alfetta GTV
Alfa MY2004 147 TI
Alfa MY19 Giulia Veloce