First car, first Alfa

Started by pianoman3214, February 23, 2015, 01:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pianoman3214

Hello guys,
A few years back i got a '87 Alfa 33 QO with the 1.5, back then i wasnt legally able to drive, and still am not :p, and i really don't know what to do with it atm, cause i only get to see it once a year (as we picked it up in our holiday house town) she runs great, and yeah, any suggestions what i should do the next time i see her,
Cheers
Currently owned
'87 Alfa 33 GCL
'87 Toyota Celica SX
'94 AE95 Corolla

colcol

Hello pianoman3214, [please don't sing us a song!],
1. Fill the fuel tank to the brim, to stop the air and moisture rusting it,
2. Change the oil once a year, as it loses it properties over time,
3. Put a breathable cover over it to protect it, but the cover must breath, so it doesn't trap moisture,
4. You will need a battery to start it, get a trickle charger or a solar panel outside the garage to keep a charge in it,
5. Once the battery goes flat for a month, its not much good,
6. Try and arrange for it to be started once a month, so the seals don't stick and tear when you start the car,
7. And the valve springs are not closed all the time.
8. The timing belts may cold weld themselves to the sprockets and strip when you start the car,
9. Followed by a large bang and long period of silence,
10. It is over 25 years old, so you could put it on much cheaper club registration,
11. Bring it back to Watsonia and drive it more often,
12. i will post any more if i think of them, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Alfapride

Alfa 33 16v
Alfa 116 Giulietta
Alfa 116 Alfetta GTV
Alfa MY2004 147 TI
Alfa MY19 Giulia Veloce

pianoman3214

Hey, thanks for the tips, the drive to where our holiday house is around 9 hours and my dad is the only person who gets things semi/done around here, and i only get to see him twice a year :/ we do have a battery and some other essential things, but being able to get it where i am is a problem, since there is so little place and we are moving places anyway + it isn't registered so the only time we would be able to move it (without paying three grand for a guy to do it for us) is when we go there, but my dad would have to hire a car trailer (as the ones that are used for professional racecars and such)
Cheers
Currently owned
'87 Alfa 33 GCL
'87 Toyota Celica SX
'94 AE95 Corolla

obersturm

Hey pianoman,

sounds like you might want to sell it? 8) ;)
Post some pictures and we can find a good home for it  ;)
Thanks and best regards

Obersturm

pianoman3214

Hahah, this is supposed to be my car for when i learn how to drive properly, until then, i just wanna keep her in the best condition, ill try to post some pictures later tonight
Currently owned
'87 Alfa 33 GCL
'87 Toyota Celica SX
'94 AE95 Corolla

V AR 164

Hey pianoman,
You wouldn't happen to have a YouTube channel called labuster gxm?

Cheers, Andrew.
Present:
-1992 164Q
-1993 Hilux Surf

Past:
-2006 159 2.4 Ti

pianoman3214

Hey Andrew,
I do have a youtube channel, but it isn't labuster gxm,
Cheers - Rob
Currently owned
'87 Alfa 33 GCL
'87 Toyota Celica SX
'94 AE95 Corolla

pianoman3214

damn, I completely forgot I was supposed to upload photos, sorry. I picked a couple from my SD card
cheers, Rob
Currently owned
'87 Alfa 33 GCL
'87 Toyota Celica SX
'94 AE95 Corolla

pianoman3214

couldn't fit in the last photo
cheers, Rob
Currently owned
'87 Alfa 33 GCL
'87 Toyota Celica SX
'94 AE95 Corolla