Not my best day at Sandown

Started by alfagtv100 (Biggus), May 25, 2008, 07:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vanessa Sharp

I like gary's description of a little biff...i would hate to have a big one! That may involve replacing every panel on the car instead of just half of them!  :(
im sorry to see that marco's car got broken too...we all must have jinxed you by complementing how well kept it is!

Brad M

Yes, a decent little biff there. If complementing the owner on how the car looks causes this, I am pretty sure Gary's car would have been cleaned up ... because judging how is other 105's look the race car would be very special.
That's a hint Gary, where are the photo's ?
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

alfagtv100 (Biggus)

I could not believe it when I saw Vanessa's car go by with its undesirable modifications.  That is absolutely rotten luck and undeserved.  I definitely know how you feel.
If you need a great panel beater, I highly recommend Burwood Panelworks.

Thanks to all for the kind words of sympathy and support.
Every time I walk past the car, I can almost hear it say, "I am lovely and pretty.  Why do you treat me this way?"  (I must try to drink less).
Initial damage assessment:
- Left rear 1/4 panel
- Rear panel
- Boot lit
- Rear floor panel
- Both rear tail lights
- Rear bumper repair

Adrian from Burwood Panelworks told me it was probably the best time to have an accident.  They completed their work less than months ago, so the paint will be easy to colour match.

There may be a red 159 running at Phillip Island in July (very carefully).
Marco Leoncelli
2017 Giulia. Yeah, baby.
1971 1750 GTV Coupe Series II
Past: 2008 159 Ti V6 3.2, RenaultSport Clio 182 (smuf blue).

Sheldon McIntosh

Hey Marco

Evan and I just watched some of his in-car footage from Sandown, (not sure if it's the one he's posted on youtube) and when he comes up behind you at one stage you can see flames shooting out of your exhaust on the overrun!  Awesome, I've always wanted a car that could do that!

alfagtv100 (Biggus)

Thanks Sheldon.
I was wondering if anyone had noticed my latest enhancement to the 'Burgundy Bullet'.

These kits are available from Autobarn. 
Just ask for;
Brand: Maaayyt
Product: FarkenFullySikFlamesEnFluoro
$169
Its a do-it-yewz-self kit.

This is the Japanese manufactured version, including under car fluoro and a turbo CHSSSST emitter.  I didn't install these as I believe that would put me in Super Modified class.

I have tried the Italian version but it's a bit unreliable, though produces flames with lovely flowing lines.
The American kits have the biggest flame output by far but also tend to be somewhat loud and annoying.

I would love to see the footage.

Cheers,

Marco.
Marco Leoncelli
2017 Giulia. Yeah, baby.
1971 1750 GTV Coupe Series II
Past: 2008 159 Ti V6 3.2, RenaultSport Clio 182 (smuf blue).

Evan Bottcher

It is in this video, but you can't see it in the youtube quality.. 

too bright during the day to see the flouro's clearly though, we'll have to do some night drifting!
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal