Alfa 156 Jts 2.0

Started by kunalk222, January 25, 2015, 01:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kunalk222

Hi everyone I brought an alfa romeo 156 of weeks back.

colcol

My 156 JTS lost power along the freeway, just before xmas, the 'Engine control failure, go to Dealer' warning came up, when i got home, i checked under the bonnet, it was hot as hell, the exhaust was red hot, had it scanned, it was a coil pack, i would say the coil wasn't firing and the unburnt petrol was reigniting in the exhaust, causing it to glow red hot.
Go to an Alfa Romeo Service Provider and have it scanned, to take the guesswork out of what is causing the problem.
The 4 Lambda Sensors can also cause trouble, but they usually cause a missfire and a bit of a stumble when taking off, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Mick A

Gday,

If it is only dropping a cylinder when under load it is more likely to be a spark plug or injector at fault rather than a coil pack which will usually just drop out and run like a bag of shit on 3 cylinders at all revs.

Mick

colcol

Hope its not an injector in a JTS, very hard to get to at the back of the engine, all the intake manifold is in the way and the engine has to be tilted forward to get at the injector, the injectors for a JTS are about the price of a complete set of injectors for a twin spark, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Annabella

I have a 156 04. Def coils! Get the car diagnoised. I have already replaced 2. 2 more to go!

Mick A

Quote from: Annabella on March 15, 2015, 12:23:23 AM
I have a 156 04. Def coils! Get the car diagnoised. I have already replaced 2. 2 more to go!

You don't know it is 'definitely' a coil pack, have you personally looked at the car?

No, I didn't think so.

So how can you write that?

bazzbazz

Already diagnosed & fixed, wasn't the coils!!
Having the spark plug tubes full of oil was just ONE of the contributing factors.  ;)

Baz
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au