02 sensor 2003 JTS

Started by bloomers1176, February 27, 2015, 09:49:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloomers1176

Hello chaps,

Right the saga continues. If it aint one code its another. Still you have to laugh.

The code is the PO156  (O2 sensor circuit malfunction  (bank 2 sensor 2) has raised its head and stuck out its tongue.

My question(s) are simple one hopes.  :P

How many do I have on my JTS (03 manual) ?

And does this code refer a post cat sensor?

103k miles on the clock. Worth changing them all out?

Sorry "one more question" (in my best Peter Falk accent)........... Pollen filter. Where and how and how many (have heard two reside in my motor).

Thanks in advance guys. 

AikenDrum105

A thread with an excellent diagram on which sensors are where can be found here:

http://forum.alfa156.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=27058

Definitely worth cleaning / reseating the O2 sensor connectors, check the wires haven't chafed against anything - bit of a known issue :) 
Scott
'66 Giulia Super 105.28.720988 TS+MS3+ITB+COP
'65 Giulia Sprint GT 105.04.753710
'04 156 JTS Sportwagon

Earlier follies...
'66 Duetto 105.05.710057
'85 GTV6
'71 1750 GTV

colcol

There are Four Lambda Sensors in a JTS, give the connectors on the sensors a good clean with some spray on contact cleaner.
If you could take the car to someone with a dealer level scanner, then they could put the scanner to scan live data on the Lambda Sensors to see they are operating in the right tolerance zone, as opposed to throwing away perfectly good ones.
On the JTS, and all series 2 156's 2002 - 2004, they have the climate control with 2 pollen filters under the centre of the dashboard.
The series 1, 156's have the one pollen filter in the engine bay, under the windscreen on the nearside of the car, buy the correct one.
There are plenty of articles on the internet on how to change the pollen filters, just don't get the wrong one, like i did, and pull off all the engine bay covers to find no pollen filter there, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

bloomers1176

Cheers guys I will be on the job today armed with that advice.

Will let ya know how I faired.

I have done a little reading and the double filter may be under the dash by the glove box? with and L shaped bracket.

Cheers again chaps.

colcol

The cover that runs along the console will have to be removed and push the passenger seat all the way back and put the backrest all the way down, then with your back on the seat and your head under the dashboard with a torch, eventually remove the cabin filter, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]