Incredible Alfa Romeo "Barn" find, THOUSANDS OF PARTS! 150+ Pictures!

Started by wan.7, January 21, 2015, 03:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wan.7

Hello Alfa Romeo Enthusiasts!

My name is Matthew and I usually work for an automotive spare parts business in Toowoomba. I'm currently having some time off to help a friend clear his old workshop of thousands of old Alfa Romeo parts.

This business has been THE Alfa parts and repair shop in Toowoomba for many decades and has over this time accumulated a HUGE amount of parts both new and used.

Recently the business has changed hands and the new owner wishes to move on all the old Alfa bits and pieces.

There are LOTS. LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of parts and there is everything you can imagine, some new old stock, some in good - used condition and some rare parts that are not perfect but being rare are worth their weight in gold. Most parts have been sitting upstairs in a mezzanine floor for many years and are covered in a thick layer of dust.

There is an Alfa Romeo goldmine here waiting to be uncovered.   

I have been assigned the task of finding buyers for these parts. I could catalog and photograph each and every part one by one, find out which car the part suits and then sell each part separately for a very premium price but this would take me a very long time. Ideally I'd like to sell this as a bulk lot and let someone else do sorting of the parts, or the sitting on of the parts to sell to that lucky guy who needs "THAT" part and you are the only person in the world who has it.

The pictures really tell the story. There are hundreds of new old stock filters, spark plugs, lifters, brake pads, belts all in boxes, there are also loads of new old stock of chrome (or stainless) trim parts to suit a bunch of different cars. Among the used parts is almost every part you can think of - alloy wheel sets, steel wheel sets, wheel trims, a couple of brand new sets of extractors, brakes, body panels, bumpers, steering wheels, steering racks, suspension parts (control arms, link arms, sway bars, shocks - including a handful of Koni shocks I spied among the bits in there), interior body parts, dashes, glove boxes, loads of badges, gear knobs, instrument clusters (including some new old stock), grills (including some Alfa badges), at least 7 engines that I could see including a 1750 a few 2L and 1.8L, 1 head, a bunch of 105 bits and pieces and many many many other parts.

There are also several large Alfa Signs. There is one VERY large (About 1.7m tall) round double sided Alfa badge sign that lights up, 2 smaller (about 900mm tall) light up Alfa badge signs, a very large "Triumph" sign that I didn't actually get a photo of (Just the word "TRIUMPH" about 2+ metres long), a very large "Alfa Romeo" workshop sign which is in one of the photos (listing a bunch of different Alfa models) and one small (About 500mm) Alfa Badge sign, this is just a single plastic piece. I'm looking to sell these separately for the right price.

There are among the parts a handful of other manufacturer parts such are Fiat and and few other more ordinary parts like Toyota and Nissan but 95% is Alfa parts.

I spent an hour or two photographing this gear but I'm sure there will be parts I have not uncovered yet and there may well be more treasures hidden in there!

I used to own an Alfa (a 1977 GTV 2.0 to be specific) and I recognize many of these parts and remember the astronomical prices I had to pay to get even the smallest of parts. I have an idea of what this stock is worth as a bulk buy as is and what it's potential worth is if sorted and sold piece by piece.

If you see something you really need/want send me an email. If you want the lot - send me an email, if you want ONE part you see - send me an email. Ultimately I want to sell as one lot but I'm very happy to do the work to get what it's worth so please don't email me with any silly offers.

Have a look at the pictures and let me know what you want!

Want specific information about a specific part? Email/text/call me!!

Feel free to text / call 0423 708 730

email wan.7@hotmail.com

The photos are small so they will download faster but there are more photos are available and higher resolution!!

Photos are numbered for ease of reference!

105 bits

105 bits
105 Bits
Brand new extractors!
Lots of dust but in good condition underneath!
Lots of steel wheels in good condition.
One of at least 2 wooden wheels I found.
Loads of original new old stock trims!
Several complete sets of alloy wheels.
Lots of new old stock!
Filters, brakes, coils, plugs, belts....all new.
A few Fiat bits in here too.

wan.7

Hi Guys!

I have had a huge amount of emails and texts asking for specific parts, thanks for the interest....BUT....

I should clarify that at this point what you see in the pics is what there is. I don't know specifically if there is a specific part to suit a specific vehicle.....specifically....

At this early stage I have taken a bunch of photos and if you see something among the photos let me know if you want it.

If you can wait - next week I'll get stuck into it and pull out specific lots of parts and start getting prices. It's going to be a matter of - I'll display the part and let you know a price and you let me know if you want it. There's probably going to be a far few box lots and a few misc parts boxes.

I've had a lot of interest in the signs, next week I'll pull them out, get good photos and I'll get a price up and see who wants them. Unless you want to drop me an offer on any before then.

Because the parts are not very well sorted or labeled I can't be sure exactly what suits what vehicle so unfortunately at this stage asking if I have THAT part to suit your car isn't going to work for me. If you see the part in the photos then it's there, if not I don't know yet.

I am still super keen to move on bulk lots - so anyone wanting BULK LOTS (especially EVERYTHING) let me know.

Thanks heaps!

Matthew

wan.7

Hi Guys!

Thanks to everyone who has offered advise on the parts and thanks for all the attention!

Honestly I have had a lot MORE attention on these parts that I expected. I thought I might get A single call or email but I have had loads of texts, calls and emails and I appreciate everyone's enthusiasm about the pile of parts I'm dealing with.

I have decided after speaking with the owner that it's going to be easiest for everyone (especially me) if we sort through the gear and list items for sale one by or one as group lots (eg a bulk lot of 75 gear, or 105 gear etc).

This won't happen for about a fortnight, so hang in there guys and I'll start listing the exciting stuff first WITH PRICES and if you want the parts you can buy them then, at this stage it's almost impossible to fill peoples shopping lists of parts they need when I don't really know exactly what I've got to offer.

Make no mistakes this is a clearance of parts but it's not a give away either. All prices listed will be realistic but negotiable as we do want to move them, but keep in mind all parts will be on a first in best dressed basis, once they're gone they're gone.

Once we get things sorted we should also be able to offer viewings to locals of the parts also.

Right now I'm still happy to discuss bulk buys of all the parts, as in ALL the parts.

To give you ball park figures - we all know the 105 gear is the gold and is easily the most valuable, the signs are all but spoken for and the engines are worth more as scrap aluminum or as core exchanges to engine re-conditioners than as sold as part of a bulk buy. So with that in mind, if some one wanted everything MINUS 105 gear, signs and engines $15,000 would buy you the lot. Please keep in mind that I talked the owner down from his original $25,000 figure but the $15,000 is ball park, if you want to make an offer on a bulk lot of parts minus something else we can talk. Alternatively if you think that this is a completely unrealistic price drop me a line and let me know what you think it's worth as a bulk buy.

SO, please hold tight for now and I'll update this thread as soon as I can (Probably Tuesday week) and we can get down to business.

Thanks again for all the interest, emails, calls and texts!  There is a strong Alfa Romeo community here and hopefully these parts will go to those who need them most!

Thanks,
Matthew