Sunday Drive to the Goldfields Sunday 14th December

Started by Evan Bottcher, November 26, 2014, 02:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evan Bottcher

Hi folks - time to drum up some interest in coming along on a run to Guildford in central Vic for a christmas lunch!  Details below:

--

<<Breaking News!>> This club drive will be supported by new club sponsor La Manna Direct, and will now depart from their store in Essendon Fields.  Breakfast will be supplied before our departure.  Read on for more details.

Evan and Fiona Bottcher will be holding one of their very popular Early Morning Runs All club members are welcome, along with all other Alfisti.

We will take a sightseeing tour north with a mid morning stop for refreshments at the Moto Bean Café, Clowes St Malmsbury at

10.45 am. The drive will then continue through to Guildford where we will have a Christmas lunch at the historic Guildford Family Hotel starting 12.30 pm.

Time: From 8.15am for breakfast, 9.15am run departure

Where: La Manna Direct, 10 English Street, Essendon Fields (map link)

Members of the Goldfields Chapter may choose to meet us at Malmsbury and join us on the remaining run to lunch. Late starters

are also welcome to join up with us there or catch up with the club drive at Guildford. This will be a relaxed but enjoyable drive so look

forward to as many members and friends getting together to make this a great day out.

Lunch will be two courses; shared platters for entrees and buffet roast lunch. $25 per head. Specific dietary requirements can be catered for, please advise Evan when booking your lunch spot.

Lunch Bookings essential: RSVP by Friday 12th Dec

Contact Evan Bottcher  0400 013 175  evan(at)bottch.com
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Evan Bottcher

*bump*

Really looking forward to this run and lunch at Guildford, a great closer for a year of club activities.  Send me your details soon for booking - particularly if you're coming for lunch.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Velocemoto

Hi Evan....I'm in at this stage.
My first club drive :-)

71' 1750 Spider

Evan Bottcher

Thanks to everyone for making bookings - we've reached capacity for lunch, the Guildford pub will be rollicking!

I can't take any more lunch bookings, but please do join us for all or part of the run through to Guildford there's plenty of great places to visit on the loop back.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Evan Bottcher

A reminder - even though the lunch in Guildford is at capacity for Sunday, please come along for breakfast supported by our new club sponsor La Manna Direct Essendon Fields and join the drive, including a coffee stop at Moto Bean in Malmsbury mid-morning.  I've got plenty of route instructions and it'll be a fun drive.   

See you there!
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

colcol

Thank you to Evan and Fiona for the last Sunday run of the year, the roads were great fun and in good condition, without being too rough.
There was a good turnout of different cars, with a red twin carb Sud on club plates and Lee Parra from Extreme Body Works in Dandenong in a Alfa 33 Pininfarina station wagon, also on club plates.
We met at new club sponsor La Manna Direct, at Essendon Fields, for coffee and cakes before taking off to Essendon Alfa Romeo for zeroing our odometers, i was so impressed with La Manna, that i did my shopping there on the way home, where i ran into 2 club members there enjoying a cup of coffee on the way home, great supermarket, check it out.
We proceeded to the Motobean Cafe in Malmsbury, for morning break, which is a car / motorcycle themed cafe, they have different cars on display, this time they had an appendix J Volvo race car from the 60's.
Then it was off to lunch at the Guildford Family Hotel at Guildford for lunch, the room we were in was filled to the brim, which tells you how popular these Sunday runs are becoming.
I managed to get lost [again], but the fault was entirely with the person at the front of the group of cars, who we were following as they had 2 people in the car, so they could navigate or something, or they had a GPS or a phone with a GPS or they knew the area, but its all part of the fun and adds to the excitment and nobody got hurt.
Look out for the first Sunday run next year, it will book out quick.
Thanks Evan and Fiona from Colin and Ella.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Velocemoto

Thanks Evan and Fiona, was a great day....
Went the long way home...Daylesford, Trentham, Macedon...Wildwood:-)

71' 1750 Spider

Evan Bottcher

Nice photos Velocemoto!  Everything went pretty well, except lots of people missed turn-offs due to some pretty tough route instructions.  Definitely a navigational challenge, but everyone arrived at the destinations with a smile on their face...

One definite failure though - in the last two weeks since I drove the course (in reverse) the local council decided to rip up about half a kilometre of asphalt leaving us to drive on loose gravel!  Luckily we didn't have Gary Pearce in the group, or I would have really been sweating...

Looks like Fiona was auditioning for the new Mad Max film?
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Velocemoto

I did notice that gravel !!!
I tip toed on that bit, local ute went past me !....wanted to keep my shiny glasurit shiny for a bit longer ...LOL
71' 1750 Spider

Leon C

Thanks Evan & Fiona on a great Alfa Club drive yesterday to Guildford. Great company, great cars, great roads, great food and perfect weather. We seem to have missed that gravel bit - must have been due to a few missed calculations & directions - but at least we made it to the correct destinations and the coffee & food stops. Look forward to more club drives next year. Cheers Leon C
Current:
2006 Alfa GT V6

Previous:
1983 Alfa Sud 5dr
1986 Alfa 33 5dr
1984 Alfetta GCL
1983 Alfa Sud ti Twin Carb

tjb0274

Many thanks to Evan and Fiona for organising - I had a blast punting the Ricciardi on some of those roads. Good to meet a bunch of new people, as well  :)
Current:
1970/1990 Ricciardi-Alfa (track/occasional weekend car)
2003 147 GTA (daily driver)
1969 Lotus Europa (weekend toy)
2003 Peugeot 206gti (retired daily driver)

Past:
1971 1750 GTV
More Fiat 850s than I can count

Sheldon McIntosh

Quote from: Evan Bottcher on December 15, 2014, 10:18:08 PM
Looks like Fiona was auditioning for the new Mad Max film?

That's Tank Girl!!