Servicing New Giulietta?

Started by Laura, November 17, 2014, 12:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colcol

If you look at road tests of cars, say in the Age, they weigh up everything including the price of servicing the car in the first 3 years, and i have seen cars that have been the best cars, but failed to get a nod as they were more expensive to service.
Manufacturers are very sensitive to this type of thing, so cheap capped servicing is a big deal to some people.
As i said, if it was me, i would change the oil at 1,000-3,000 klms, if it was my car, but if it was a lease car, i wouldn't worry about it as the car is someone else's car, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Potsie

The good wife has recently purchased a new 2L diesel Guiletta. The dealer (Nunawading Fiat/Alfa) provided a 'free of charge' initial 'service' which they recommend at 2-3000K's. I took it in last Friday for that service. Basically what it was, was a check of the fluid levels (not really a service in my mind). I asked the service manager about swarf and weather it was worth while to change the oil. He said that Alfa check that at the factory (must have some running-in process I'm a thinking) and there was no necessity to change the oil til the first 'proper' service (15000k's).

Just repeating what I was told. Col, I respect what you are saying that if it was *your* car you'd just go and change the oil - certainly couldn't do any harm.

Potsie
2010 159 2.4 JTDm - my daily driver
2014 Giulietta 2.0 JTDm - ex. wife's daily driver
e. alfamowing@gmail.com (for all your lawn mowing needs)

colcol

Hey Potsie, great to see that your wife has purchased a new Guilietta, is it an Auto?, i drove one a year ago and was impressed with the torque, but just couldn't get my head around an automatic Alfa Romeo, kept looking at the gearchange to change up, will be interesting to see if the particle filter blocks up with city driving, keep us informed, bring it along to Spectacolo next Sunday, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Potsie

Col,
Yes it is an Auto, and yes I am going to bring it on Sunday morning to Spettacolo. I was planning on bringing both the 159 and the Guiletta, but a bad thing happened on Tuesday night - the 159 has a cracked rear bumper that needs replacing so its not going to be in the line up unfortunately. See ya Sunday. 
Potsie
2010 159 2.4 JTDm - my daily driver
2014 Giulietta 2.0 JTDm - ex. wife's daily driver
e. alfamowing@gmail.com (for all your lawn mowing needs)