alfa 75 identification

Started by deano, April 25, 2008, 03:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deano

hey guys,

just wondering if anybody had a list of chassis and engine numbers for 1990-1992 alfa 75 3.0L potenziatas.

cheers  ;D

deano
'91 75 3.0
'85 GTV6
'88 75 3.0
'15 Defender 110

Sheldon McIntosh

Why do you ask?  is it so you can be sure to buy a genuine 3.0 litre rather than a re-engined 2.5, or do you want info on one you have a number for already.

If you have the identification already, email the Archivo and they'll tell you the info they have on the car.  It's a great service, takes less than 24 hours to get the info.

Otherwise, I don't have a list of all the numbers, but 3 litre chassis number should start with "ZAR162B60......."  This is the code for all 3 litres, and the 2.5 Auto.  Other 2.5s are  "ZAR162B30.......", and Twin Sparks are "ZAR162B40...."

deano

I am looking at one already and just after some info.

It was part of the melbourne car club for some time then moved to SA about 2 years ago. I have a mate who is an alfa mechanic and he had a look at it today. It needs some work done for RWC but im mostly worried about the engine. It has done 199,000 kms and has a service history but its spitting out a lot of unburnt fuel and under load it is blowing quite a bit of oil smoke. My friend has an alfetta with potenziata engine and running gear and he reckons its not producing anywhere near the power that it should be. Would it just be an engine tune to eliminate the unburnt fuel thing or is it something more serious like replacing rings to cure oil smoke??? I have intentions of turning it into a track/club car in a year or so once i finish school (im 18) and have a bit of time on my hands.

Does anybody know the car? Its old melbourne reg was EWT 210 and im told it has won a few events in the vic car club and was also featured on the cover of unique cars a few years back. This is the second owner.

Its chassis number is ZAR 162 0000 6222010 (got from rego sticker) which makes it a 1990 potenziata from the info i have. It is black and has 16 inch 156 wheels.

cheers

Deano   
'91 75 3.0
'85 GTV6
'88 75 3.0
'15 Defender 110

Mezevenf

If its a Potenziata does it should have Motronic fuel injection instead of L-jet. Just another difference to be aware of but you probably already knew that one.

deano

Hey guys,

im 90% sure its a potenziata. It has the clover badges on the back and they are on the left side.

The paper work says its built sept 1990 which from what i can tell, it has to be a potenziata.

I know about the motronic but is there any obvious way to tell from the engine bay, is it written somewhere?

cheers

deano

'91 75 3.0
'85 GTV6
'88 75 3.0
'15 Defender 110

alfagtv58

The AFM is different for the Motronic, that is pretty easy to spot when you open the bonnet.

If the Part No. is 0280202205 then it will be Motronic (the 166 shares the same component)
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

scott.venables

The Motronic cars have a toothed wheel on the crank pulley as well don't they?

If you can post the engine number, or at least the prefix that will confirm it.  If it starts with AR*01911*......   it's a 2.5.

Cheers, Scott