CAN YOU HELP DECODE MY VIN

Started by djwood, April 18, 2008, 07:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djwood

Can someone please help me decode my vin on my Alfa Romeo Sprint GT Veloce Giulia. Chassis Number AR2985041.

Aussie105

The number quoted seems 1 digit too long. But I think it fits in the bracket for a 1966 GT Veloce G.D.(RHD) Tipo 105.37. The numbers range for that year are 10537.298001-10537.298773. With an engine number between 00536.007700- 00536.11033.
I own 299772.
If you want more specific details email marco.fazio@alfaromeo.com and ask for the build information and he should tell you what colour int & ext and build date and who it was first sold to and when. More that likely Alex Mildren Motors as they were the main alfa importer back then.
Best of Luck

Derek E

djwood

Thanks Derek
Yes there was to many numbers I was going off the old rego papers 1970's. Chassis Number 298504. Have sent away that email and am awaiting a reply. Thanks Again.
Darren

Henry Goodman

Hello there.

I own 105.37 chassis # 299746 - very close to Derek's car. I believe the car was first sold in Adelaide. Its been in storage for the past 15 years with restoration due to begin next month. I'll try the link provided by Derek and seek more details. Thanks for the link.

Regards,

Ric.

Aussie105

Hi Ric,
My GT Veloce has been off the road for quite a while as well. It is currently stripped as it was mediablasted top and bottom, and the panel work has been pretty much done. I am hoping to start putting the suspension back on in a few months time. My 66 Super is keeping me busy though so this may be optimistic!
Derek
ps the Alfa Archives website is www.archiviostorico.alfaromeo.it and you can register and ask for the info about your car there too. I had also requested copies of parts and workshop manuals for my Giulia and they sent them out by courier for free! Not a bad service!