1974 alfa 105 gtv2000 - what does the standard dash look like?

Started by Clive Minchin, April 16, 2008, 01:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clive Minchin

hi
Every 2000 I have seen has the fake woodgrain dash finish. Mine has a silvery finish. Is this standard or perhaps a special release? It looks standard and well finished... pic attached

1974 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Gary Pearce

Arrrh no. All Alfa Romeo 2000 GTV or anything earlier were woodgrain I'm afraid. You see the aluminium look wasn't particularly fashionable in European cars back then, where as woodgrain was considered classy.
A nice looking dash on your car though, and not uncommon for something to be done in this area and down the console because of the deterioration of the crappy original material.
1966 Giulia GTC
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
1974 Metalic Green Montreal
1966 Giulia Super Blue
1980 Mazda B1800
1989 MX5
2013 MB C250 Coupe

Colin Byrne

is that an original air con unit under the dash? , never actually seen one on a 105 before
72' 105 2000 GTV Red (tarmac rally/race car)
74' 105 2000 GTV Blue (road car)
68' 105 1600 Giulia Super White (Not sure yet)
01' Nissan Pathfinder (Tow car/Alfa support vehicle)

Justin Jacobs

Clive if you have not found anybody to service your fuel injection system i would put the query here . Given its an a/c , efi , specil trimed 105 etc... then you seem to have a unique beast ! Suggest bring it along to new member nigt and have some old hands have their 10cents worth . JJ .

Clive Minchin

HI
I found somewhere to take it. Goes in soon so hope to hear the twin cam in its glory soon.

I'm definitely keen to come to the new members night on the 28/5.  Keen to join with any other events also. Would have liked to have made it to Winton but could not.

As far as I know it is an original aircon unit and it works as well!

The car has matching nos as well which I checked with AR in Milan (per email addres here..)

Sheldon McIntosh

branko.gt

Quote from: Clive Minchin on April 16, 2008, 01:14:07 PM
hi
Every 2000 I have seen has the fake woodgrain dash finish. ....

Actually, that was real mahogany veneer, nothing fake about it. After 30 odd years of neglect, exposure to extreme temperatures and dry Australian climate it can look little bit worse for wear.

AFAIK only the stepnose 1300 GT junior had fake wood grain.

Ash Gordon

With a little patience, the wood veneer can be easily bought back to life. * If not too badly damaged / cracked.

Remove the panel, which requires removing radio and badge work etc. Then the plastic like film over the veneer peels off ( try applying a little heat if it sticks) , then the wood can be lightly sanded back and resealed with varnish. I just used a spray pack from the local hardware. A few light coats of this & it comes up a treat.

I will take some pictures of the end result and post if anyone is interested...
'69 105 1750 GTV White (SLOW work in progress)
'72 105 2000 GTV Green ( Donor Car)

Clive Minchin

Scott Farquharson

Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)