Hi from New Zealand

Started by sprint_nz, August 06, 2014, 04:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprint_nz

Hello everyone,

Im 19 from Queenstown and an absolute Alfa nut. I own a 1980 Alfasud Sprint Veloce, its my first an only car and by far the most enjoyable car Ive ever driven...way better than all the ricers my friends drive. As you'll see from the photos, the Alfa's in stunning attention seeking green which from my understanding is quite uncommon compared with the typical red's and yellows. I know its hard to believe, but the cars almost rust free with only a 5mm patch of surface rust on the rear wheel arch. Thank goodness!

Ive also got a ton of parts (everything except body panels). If anyone requires anything just ask

Cheers

colcol

Hello sprint_nz,
Those stainless steel bumpered Sprints were a good looker, one of Guigaro's finest, most of the Sprints in Australia suffered the Italian Car Syndrome of the time of the dreaded tinworm, even the later plastic bumpered Sprints rusted bad.
Most Sprints of the time were red, but we do have a Sprint fancier in the club who has a green one as well.
As you have these cars you do tend to collect all bits and pieces, as Alfa Romeo of 1972 - 1992 in Australia, left us high and dry when they withdrew, so the only parts were from wreckers and independent parts importers, because of the internet it is easier to source parts for these rare cars.
What these old Sprints cost and the looks and fun factor they provide, are well worth seeking out, haven't seen a Sprint on the road in Australia for 10 years, welcome to the Forum, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Frank Musco

Hello sprint_nz

Great to hear about your green Sprint. Keep up the good work!

Evan Bottcher

Beautiful green sprint! Looks just like Frank's one here in Melbourne. Top colour for a sprint, too.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Alfapride

Welcome to the forum would love to see some photos of your car!
Alfa 33 16v
Alfa 116 Giulietta
Alfa 116 Alfetta GTV
Alfa MY2004 147 TI
Alfa MY19 Giulia Veloce

ARQ164 Shane

Welcome or cho bro So you got a lean mean green machine cool .
8)
Hi Neighbour,
1973 L beetle "Tilly" sold
87 QV 75 ALFA 2.5lt sold
92 auto 164 3lt RIP
91 white 164 Q
89 164 Q part car