63 Giulia Sprint GT

Started by Blisso, July 02, 2014, 05:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vin sharp

Hello Blisso,
Looks like a great find! A very desirable early car.
It is quite probably a Lightburn car; I don't know who else might have supplied it in SA.
I have the original Lightburn & Co van, the Romeo van that is. (think kombi-style)
In Marco's reply to me, he stated; manufactured 27th Nov 1962 and sold 23 Jan 1963 to Lightburn &Co South Australia. So, the company's name may be in their files if you ask.
I'm told Lightburn's short-lived association with Alfa ended because of a lack of real-world experience selling cars in general.
Apparently the occasional Alfa sat in the front window along with cement mixers and tool boxes etc along with many other items they manufactured in the industrial suburbs.
A far cry from what MW Motors at the top end of CBD Elizabeth St with big main street showroom windows could offer.
Vin.

Blisso

Oh were can I see a picture Vin!
I would love to know how many vehicles survive today from  the Lightburn era

Giulia65

+1 Possible sister car still survives in Qld, has been in current family since ~1976

AR 752157 manufactured on the 28th January 1965 and sold on the 25th February 1965 in Adelaide, Australia. The body colour is musk green, with leather skai interiors.