Sunday Drive to Kilcunda - 29th June

Started by John Hanslow, June 26, 2014, 07:32:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Hanslow

The Club has organized another popular morning drive to Loch. Ron Loccisano (Classic Series Register Captain) is planning a great drive across the Peninsula, through Tooradin, Grantville and onto Kilcunda, South Gippsland.

Start Time: 8.30 am for 9.00 am departure.
Where from: Mentone Fiat Alfa Romeo Dealership 205 Nepean Highway Mentone. (enter via service road)

http://www.mentonefiatalfa.com.au/about-us/opening_hours_location

This will be an inspiring drive and the Club will have a morning tea stop near Grantville. There will be a short break to relax and have a coffee before we then proceed to our lunch destination. Club Members with any Alfa Romeo re encouraged to attend. For club members and friends with vintage and historic vehicles, we suggest an earlier departure at 9.00 am sharp so we can all meet up at the same time for morning tea.

Route instructions will be provided at the start. Lunch: a set menu is provided on the day and more details will be provided once confirmed at the Kilcunda Hotel. Please confirm your interest for catering purposes: RSVP ASAP.

Email the Event Organiser Ron Loccisano:   Ron@lockland.com.au
or call on Mb: 0418-565-700
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

shane wescott

Guys

This will be an awesome drive. Kerry and I drove it out last weekend and it is brilliant. Let Ron know if you are a last minute attendee and hope to see you there. I will be joining the drive at Grantville for morning tea :-)

See you Sunday.

Regards

Shane
Current Cars:

No Alfa's :-(

Previous Cars:
1991 White 164
86 White GTV6 Zender Body Kit
90 Red 75 TS
98 Blue GTV 2.0
85 Red 33 1.5 TI
85 Red 33 1.7 Carby
83 Silver 33 1.5 GCL
70 Blue Berlina 1750
70 White Berlina 1750

70 White Berlina 1750 (my first)

Current Bikes:

2002 Yellow Ducati ST2 944

Potsie

Had a great day.

Started out a little (ok, a lot) chilly and rainy, but mostly the rain had dried up by the second leg (after morning tea). The wife didn't wanna come, so I took the mother-in-law instead!

Thanks go to Ron for organising the day and the guys at Mentone Fiat Alfa for opening up the showroom for us on such a chilly morning.

See attached piccies (1 of 3).

Potsie
2010 159 2.4 JTDm - my daily driver
2014 Giulietta 2.0 JTDm - ex. wife's daily driver
e. alfamowing@gmail.com (for all your lawn mowing needs)

Potsie

Potsie

colcol

Thank you to Ron for organising the event, it rained cats and dogs, but who cares, we were inside our cars out of the rain, and it made for an interesting drive, going towards Phillip Island, the 156 started to aqauplane, until the stability control kicked in a put me back on the straight and narrow and it switched off the cruise control, never happened before, these electronic 'nannies' really work.
Then we drove along some interesting roads and got lost a few times...hint always follow a car that has a navigator, don't follow a car with driver only as they will be lost like me.
Then we stopped at Kilkunda for lunch at a nice Hotel and the service was very quick, we ordered our lunch on the table i was on and it was there in five minutes, which cut down on a bit of gassbagging about our cars, and the lunch was good.
A slight downer on the day was the number of mobile speed [$$$$$$] camera's i noticed, i saw four, but there were most likely more, placed on straight bits of road where your speed can creep up or the 100 to 90 kph, where you have to be quick on the brakes to slow down, they were in Commodore station wagons and four wheel drives, hopefully none of our members contributed to state revenue, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]