Immaculate Alfetta gt for sale!!

Started by Italian Supermodel, October 09, 2014, 11:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Italian Supermodel

Saw this amazing all original gt for sale.
It is the most original & pristine example I have seen for years locally or world wide.
Congrats to the previous owner(s).

Italian Supermodel

My computer skills are not the best so I'm hoping someone may be able to go into Carsales.com.au and post the ad and all the images.

aggie57

There's this one for sale in the UK as well which looks in similar condition and a cheaper price. It's been on the market for some months.  Me thinks $30k for a GT is a little on the hopeful side.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C456812
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

GTV6atlast

Yes it's on carsales but it is a dealer car, I found that and here are the full details.
The Alfetta GT for $29,995!
the GT is here: <http://www.classicthrottleshop.com/car7.html>
the rest of their toys are here: <http://www.classicthrottleshop.com/classics.htm>

Garibaldi

Quote from: aggie57 on October 09, 2014, 03:09:19 PM
There's this one for sale in the UK as well which looks in similar condition and a cheaper price. It's been on the market for some months.  Me thinks $30k for a GT is a little on the hopeful side.

I agree I think the price is a little optimistic but you never know someone might pay that for it. I'd love to know what they paid for it when they traded or bought it. Having worked in the motor industry for many years it amazes me how little we have paid for cars like that and how much we have made when we have sold them.  :o

joestram

I'm sorry but is it just me or does the boot look to have a little rust around it and does the engine bay look a little beaten on the sides? I must just be blind
00 156 V6 Monza
11 Mito Sport - Gone
79 Alfetta GTV - Gone
76 Alfetta GT - Gone

Cool Jesus

Yeah, I noticed those faults too and there's the usual cracks/blemishes on the dash too. For that price I would have expected show quality finish. As it is, it looks like a very low mileage, clean barn find. Hey, more than happy if it sold for anything near that price = happy days for us 116 owners  8)
Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

shaggy

The price seems very high given the condition. But who knows, someone might really want a 116 GT in very original condition.

The prices on their site are on the ambitious side... I'd be very happy if S2 Spiders in very good condition are going for $40k+ in the current market. There are very nice ones around struggling to get $25k

Mike

I have mixed feelings about Alfetta's going up in price.  I think they deserve to, and as time march's on, a good one becomes increasingly difficult to find....but on the flip side, I love grabbing a compelte GT with a little rust for a couple of hundrew dollars to keep mine on the road....it's a nice cheap mark, and most enjoyable to own and enjoy. 

As for the car in question, it is tidy, but it is far from perfect, I think a 'perfect gt' would be worth up to 30k, to the right buyer...but I mean perfect, with say 20,000km's on the clock.  They exist.

The GT is I personally feel, the most eliquent of the Alfetta series when it comes to styling.  The pleated door cards (which weight a tonne :-)), steel bumpers, crome tail light surrounds, chrome side indicator trim, and just little things here and there....and their are noticibly lighter.

Anyway, my two cents :-)!
cars / projects:
Twinspark - Bonneville car build
85 GTV6 red
86 GTV6 3.2 quadcam on ITBs
Alfetta '74 sedan project
Alfetta '74 sedan 1 owner
'76 Alfetta GT blue
'76 Alfetta GT Twincharge
Fiat 128 3P
78 Ferrari 308 gtb
78 Ferrari gts
79 Ferrari gtb
Audi SQ5...well something has to run

aggie57

I'm with you Mike. There's a purity of design with the GT's that was progressively diluted in later versions.
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

Paul Newby

Quote from: Mike on October 18, 2014, 10:40:30 PM
I have mixed feelings about Alfetta's going up in price.  I think they deserve to, and as time march's on, a good one becomes increasingly difficult to find....but on the flip side, I love grabbing a compelte GT with a little rust for a couple of hundrew dollars to keep mine on the road....it's a nice cheap mark, and most enjoyable to own and enjoy. 

As for the car in question, it is tidy, but it is far from perfect, I think a 'perfect gt' would be worth up to 30k, to the right buyer...but I mean perfect, with say 20,000km's on the clock.  They exist.

The GT is I personally feel, the most eliquent of the Alfetta series when it comes to styling.  The pleated door cards (which weight a tonne :-)), steel bumpers, crome tail light surrounds, chrome side indicator trim, and just little things here and there....and their are noticibly lighter.

Anyway, my two cents :-)!

The Alfetta GT, in RHD form, is a very rare car. I don't have the exact figures on me but it is less than 2,500 made. The majority of the English ones have gone and I doubt that more than a few hundred would still exist. I know I wrecked one to replace the front panel on mine and I know of another sacrificed for its panels that were used on a race car. Both these donor cars were straight but very rusty - if they were 105s they may have been worth saving...

A lot have been turned into race cars and the odd one of those have since met its maker.

As for the Metallic Olive Green GT for sale at the Classic Throttle Shop. Of course it is overpriced, but then everything there usually is. It may not be perfect, but I haven't seen one in such excellent original condition for a long, long time.
1974 2000 GT Veloce (Le Mans Blue) - Restoration project
1975 Alfetta GT (Periwinkle Blue Metallic) - Group S racer - Sold!
2009 147 Monza 3Dr (Kyalami Black) - Don't ask!
2010 VW Passat R36 Wagon (Biscay Blue) - Daily Driver
2015 VW Golf GTI Performance (Night Blue) - Wife's Runabout

Mike

It's worth what someone will pay for it...and that's anyones guess :-).

They are very hard to come by, I never cease to be amazed at how cheap the Alfetta is, I just love them...I'm actually almost bored of seeing 105's, it's much more refreshing to see a mint 'Fetta.  Don't get me wrong, I like a step nose 105 as much as the next person, but in Alfa circles, there is no shortage of them.
cars / projects:
Twinspark - Bonneville car build
85 GTV6 red
86 GTV6 3.2 quadcam on ITBs
Alfetta '74 sedan project
Alfetta '74 sedan 1 owner
'76 Alfetta GT blue
'76 Alfetta GT Twincharge
Fiat 128 3P
78 Ferrari 308 gtb
78 Ferrari gts
79 Ferrari gtb