Your thoughts on changing Alfa Romeo aesthetics with Plastidip

Started by krysRAW = AROCA-Vic PR =, May 30, 2014, 08:52:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krysRAW = AROCA-Vic PR =

I'm sure we there are a lot of us in AROCA and on this forum that would would never dare dramatically change trade mark aesthetics of an Alfa Romeo.

But having said that, I'm not one to say no to slight changes to enhance current aesthetics, as anyone who has seen my car would vouch for  ;)

Here's a Plastidip Youtube clip of someone applying Plastidip to the front grill of a Giullietta:

http://youtu.be/rDl5J2q2lac

Your thoughts? I was thinking about doing this tonight to my 156 to see how it looks. Great thing about Plastidip is that after I do it, if I'm not pleased with the overall result, I can peel it off.

2004 156 JTS 2.0 5-Spd Manual

MODS:
Tint
Stance SC7 19x8.5 Rims
Custom Sport Exhaust
Custom 90mm Cold Air Intake
SAAS Pod Filter
Wheel guards Rolled & Pumped
BC Adjustable BR(RS) coilovers
Front Tower Strut Brace
3" intake pipe

Brad M

I watched the video, I liked how it ended up.

I think it would be interesting to see the same on your car, plus the chrome between each light and the grill.
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

poohbah

Go for it. I'm all for subtle changes. That's why I like the custom chromed mesh grille on my 156.
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

Steve S

What a great product! I always wanted to try matt or satin black on my Coupe.   

Duk

My Plastidip work hasn't seen the light of day yet. But even after being on the car for months, it retains a sort of stickiness to it. It's kind of hard to explain, but if you drag a finger over a Plastidip coated part/area, it has a real noticeable drag too it, that a painted/powder coated/plated part or area wouldn't have.

What I do think is awesome about it, is that you can do actual visual checks of your ideas and the amount of effort required to do that is minimal, plus removal is easy if you don't like it.
I do believe that proper paint and powder coats are much more durable.