Garage Visit Mauceri Motors Friday 9th May

Started by Anthony Miller, May 04, 2014, 01:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony Miller

The Club will be holding a garage visit to Mauceri Motors. All Alfisti welcome but our theme will feature De Dion cars and competition cars. There will be pizza on the night. There will be some cars on display including Alfettas, GTV, 75 & 90 models. This should be of special interest to all owners of cars with DeDion transaxles and is your best opportunity to discuss a possible purchase, improvement or servicing advice. What we will have on the night: •   Information about parts and servicing. •   Corner scale for suspension adjustment. • Open forum discussion .
Note that we are planning to have a 156 and Alfetta on the hoist for corner weight measurements for correct suspension adjustment.

Start 6.30pm Pizza from 7.00pm (gold coin donation) and refreshment available for minimal charge followed by the workshop at 7.30pm. Location: Mauceri Motors 9 Meriton Place Clayton (Melways Ref: 79 C4). Bookings are essential for catering purposes. We have a limit of 35 places available with only 12 confirmed bookings so far so dont be shy,book now.

Anthony Miller
alfamilano75@gmail.com
or by text 0438 909 313
If anyone has seen Seb's GTV on the track you know that these guys know what they are doing
Now-  '99 156 2.5l V6 (rosso)
         '88 75 3.0l V6 (grigio)
Then- '81 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol whitey)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol brownie)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l TS transplant (ol red)

John Hanslow

QuoteCorner scale for suspension adjustment

We are looking for a modern era Alfa that has adjustable suspension that needs adjusting.

Do we have a member who would like to bring their car along and get it done on the night ?

Call me on 0409-961-719.

Also Anthony, I will be there so add me to the list.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

krysRAW = AROCA-Vic PR =

Quote from: John Hanslow on May 06, 2014, 01:17:40 PM
We are looking for a modern era Alfa that has adjustable suspension that needs adjusting.

Absolutely devastated!   :(

Having my BC adjustable coilovers installed this Sunday  :P
2004 156 JTS 2.0 5-Spd Manual

MODS:
Tint
Stance SC7 19x8.5 Rims
Custom Sport Exhaust
Custom 90mm Cold Air Intake
SAAS Pod Filter
Wheel guards Rolled & Pumped
BC Adjustable BR(RS) coilovers
Front Tower Strut Brace
3" intake pipe

alfa.dude

my brera or gt are avaliable if need be, not sure if they are adjustable or not although the brera is fitted with the gt sports kit from lance dixon

cheers
current:
2007 Brera S
2006 GT
2002 147
1989 33 Boxer

Previous:
1998 Spider

Future:
Alfa 75
Alfa GTV6 (916)

colcol

Are we talking wheel alignment or adjusting corner weights?, i will be there as well, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

barts

Hi All,

I just spoke to the guys and they can't squeeze me in for a roadworthy that afternoon but I still plan to bring my GTV6 with RS racing set up down as a Alfetta representative.

Its still on QLD rego at present which should keep me out of trouble for the most part. 
Look forward to meeting you all and sneaking out to Sandown the next day. 

Cheers

Dan

colcol

Thank you to Mauceri Motors for putting on the night, our hosts Corrado and Sebastion, gave us a good demonstration of setting up a race car with corner weights, so you can see accuratly where all the weight is, the GTV 6 had a nearly perfect weight distribution of nearly 50% on the front and 50% on the back, with little things like the bonnet being open or shut making a difference, ie bonnet up, more weight on front, shut bonnet, weight is transfered to rear.
Then there was a 156 twin spark and the weight distribution was 63% front and 37% rear, which is not ideal, but thats what you get with a modern car, with focus on packaging efficiency and good fuel consumption, but could be moved towards a better %, by moving tanks and bottles, coolers and pumps to the left side and towards the back.
If anyone was getting serious about their racing cars, Maceuri Motors would be the place to go to have the corner weights checked out on your car.
The workshop is very tidy and laid out, with Corrado's and Sebastion's experience with Alfa Romeo's going back many years and they have those important scanning tolls.
Thank you to Anthony Miller and John Hanslow for organising the night, there was a good turn out of about 30 club members, with some new faces showing up on the night, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

kartone

Thank you Seb & Corrado for an insightful night. Great to catch up with club members to discuss technical issues surrounded by nice toys (Claude's GTV & the mustard yellow Ferrari) and plenty of snacks & drinks (bet the espresso machine got a work-out).  To married owners of 156s strap the mother-in-law to the rear passenger-side and youll be right for Sandown  ;D
82 GTV6 split-dash
80 Alfetta GTV

Frank Musco

Thanks Seb & Corrado for sharing your many years of experience, very informative/interesting and the Coffee was nice and strong. Good to catch up with a few racers and talk setup. Thats my idea of a good night out. Also thanks to Anthony and John for their time to make it happen.

krysRAW = AROCA-Vic PR =

Much thanks to the boys at Mauceri for their hospitality and informative session  :D

Absolutely spewing tha I hadn't had the coilovers installed before the night, instead of 2 days after  :P

But will definitely have to go back and get the boys to work over my 156. Don't have any real plans to race it, but would be nice to know that it would be set up, should the occasion of a get away were to arise  8)

MODS:
Tint
Stance SC7 19x8.5 Rims
Custom Sport Exhaust
SAAS Pod Filter
Front Tower Strut Brace
3" intake pipe

barts

Thanks to all for a great night. Very informative and great to be around the Alfa faithful again. Just need to find the time to get the GTV6 back up to speed.

Dan

bix

Good to see that the 156 came back home in 1 piece! I'm sorry that I couldn't make it due to being on a plane at the time but thanks to John H for driving it to the garage for me. Thanks to Mauceri motors for making those adjustments and can't wait to test it out trackside soon.

krysRAW = AROCA-Vic PR =

Quote from: bix on May 13, 2014, 09:03:29 PM
Good to see that the 156 came back home in 1 piece! I'm sorry that I couldn't make it due to being on a plane at the time but thanks to John H for driving it to the garage for me. Thanks to Mauceri motors for making those adjustments and can't wait to test it out trackside soon.

OH! Good to hear that John was able to tape back up the back bumper bar that fell off last Friday night.

Just kidding  ;D

MODS:
Tint
Stance SC7 19x8.5 Rims
Custom Sport Exhaust
SAAS Pod Filter
Front Tower Strut Brace
3" intake pipe