Cub Permit Scheme and the long term threat

Started by mn1, May 08, 2014, 02:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jazig.k

An apparent cut/paste from Vicroads a friend made on Facebook yesterday. I haven't read the meeting minutes yet...

""CHANGES TO CLUB PERMIT"

Here are some of the changes from todays meeting, a full statement will be issued by Vicroads in the coming weeks.

Club safety inspections are now limited to vehicles built prior to 1931. All cars post 1931, will now require a Road Worthy Certificate to qualify for a club permit.
Clubs we be required to photograph all vehicles applying for a club permit. These photographs will need to be kept with a copy of the application and made available to Vicroads if requested.

Modified vehicles which fall outside the scope of the VSI33 regulations, will now be required to obtain a permit with an "M" suffix. (ie 12345-M)

(It doesn't say a YEARLY Roadworthy is says a Roadworthy is now required for a Club permit, just like a car needs a Roadworthy for full reg)"

jazig.k

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Yarra-Valley-Chrome-Bumpers/210426505780333

More cut copy from this page which is the only page I found information on, linked from my friends post... Wonder why I can't find it on Vicroads website??

"As the other post has so many questions and comments here is a few facts based on the information we have so far.

1/ If your car is currently on Club Plates you will never be required to get a Roadworthy until you SELL the car, just like a car with normal rego.

2/ As of the 1st of September ALL cars will require a Roadworthy to get Club Plates."

"If you have a heavily modified vehicle a RWC is only part of the requirement to move to the new "M" plates you also need a VASS inspection (Engineers Report). It was also mentioned that reports done in the past may not be acceptable. This along with other planned future changes should really get things sorted and hopefully take the heat off those with Club Reg who have done things the right way.

Heavier scrutiny of the clubs on the scheme is also planned I reckon you'll see a few of these clubs mysteriously disappear just before this happens. The biggest thing is that there will be no real downside for the majority of Classic car owners. The changes are designed to weed out those who are stepping outside the guidelines. Congratulations and thanks to the AOMC for fighting the good fight on behalf of all Classic Car owners"

I'm still hunting for info from somewhere that isn't Facebook... But this is from a big club who has a massive portion of members on club rego.

Brad M

Quote from: jazig.k on May 19, 2014, 09:24:22 AM
Club safety inspections are now limited to vehicles built prior to 1931. All cars post 1931, will now require a Road Worthy Certificate to qualify for a club permit.
Not surprising, our club had never taking the responsibility of such Club safety inspections, and left that to license Inspectors.

Clubs we be required to photograph all vehicles applying for a club permit. These photographs will need to be kept with a copy of the application and made available to Vicroads if requested.
Good move, this will stop some folks getting one club permit and using it on multiple vehicles.

Modified vehicles which fall outside the scope of the VSI33 regulations, will now be required to obtain a permit with an "M" suffix. (ie 12345-M)
I'll be keeping an eye out for a M plated vehicle. Not being familiar with VSI33 regulations, I'm curious what falls outside it, maybe a Alfetta GTV with a 24v 3.2?

Quote from: jazig.k on May 19, 2014, 10:10:02 AM
1/ If your car is currently on Club Plates you will never be required to get a Roadworthy until you SELL the car, just like a car with normal rego.
As a Club Permit isn't transferrable like normal Registration.
You would only have to get the RWC if that is what you as the seller agreed with the purchaser. It would allow the purchaser to put the vehicle on Club Permit (or normal Registration) straight away.
Remember that stamp duty/transfer fees are only payable when transferring a normally registered vehicle.
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

jazig.k

I'll be keeping an eye out for a M plated vehicle. Not being familiar with VSI33 regulations, I'm curious what falls outside it, maybe a Alfetta GTV with a 24v 3.2?

I'm not sure what VSI33 is myself as I can't find it! The 'Modification Guide' is VSI8, which I would think the 'M' suffix would refer to. Maybe a new VSI chapter is on the way?

alfagtv58

Quote from: Brad M on May 19, 2014, 10:24:52 AM

Or a 105 with a twin spark???  ::)
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

AndrewR

In the UK they dont have club registration BUT when a car gets to 40 years old there are no registration costs. You must still have an annual MOT ( RWC ) and show a registration label. You then have unlimited use of your classic car
2006-166 Ti

jazig.k

Summary of forthcoming changes to the Club Permit Scheme
As presented at a seminar for AOMC member clubs on 17th May 2014

http://aomc.asn.au/CPS%20changes%20Seminar%202014.pdf