Alfa Run TO Ballarat PLEASE NOTE !!!!!!

Started by shane wescott, April 12, 2014, 01:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shane wescott

Please note if you are planning to attend the drive tomorrow THE WESTGATE BRIDGE AND DOMAIN AND BOLTE BRIDGE ARE SHUT.

YOU WILL NEED TO NAVIGATE TO TODD ROAD SERVICE STATION FROM WILLIAMSTOWN ROAD PORT MELBOURNE.

IF YOU DO GET LOST MY NUMBER IS 0404 362 251 RING AND I WILL HELP DIRECT.
Thanks

See you there.
Current Cars:

No Alfa's :-(

Previous Cars:
1991 White 164
86 White GTV6 Zender Body Kit
90 Red 75 TS
98 Blue GTV 2.0
85 Red 33 1.5 TI
85 Red 33 1.7 Carby
83 Silver 33 1.5 GCL
70 Blue Berlina 1750
70 White Berlina 1750

70 White Berlina 1750 (my first)

Current Bikes:

2002 Yellow Ducati ST2 944

Spiderman JP

Hi Shane, got to the servo at about 9.15am, no one was there! Sorry I did see a black Brera leaving just as I got there.

What happened?
........the older I get the faster I was......

Alfa156Melb1

I thought you were away this weekend Joe?

That black brera was us leaving!  ::)

Spiderman JP

.....I said we were coming when we were at the show last week......what happened, I thought everyone was leaving at 9.30.....

Alfa156Melb1

Bugger - it would have been awesome to have you guys there...

The instructions said 9am departure, but we ran a little late..

Spiderman JP

The instructions said 9.00am for a 9.30 departure......

alfamisa

Quote from: Spiderman JP on April 15, 2014, 11:20:12 AM
The instructions said 9.00am for a 9.30 departure......

That's odd...all listings I saw had 9am departure

I present exhibit A Club calendar;

http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/component/option,com_jcalpro/Itemid,67/extmode,view/extid,572/

Exhibit B;
http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=12308.0#msg74458

Exhibit C
Page 16 of Cross and Serpent magazine.

Exhibit D
Club E-mail letter Alleggerita
The Club has organized another Sunday Drive from Melbourne through the South Western region to Ballarat. Shane Wescott 116 Series Register Captain is planning a great easy cruise over the Westgate Bridge and through the Brisbane Ranges and surrounding countryside drive with a convenient starting point and ending for a BBQ lunch at the Goldfields Regions local Alfa Romeo Dealer

Start Time:               8.30 am for 9.00 am departure.
Where from:             United Service Station (previously named Shell)
                               1 Westgate Freeway Port Melbourne.  Melways Ref: 42 H12

Look we have all experienced it, in school days, the boy that came late "Teacher i'm late because the train got a flat."
:o lol
The Alfa Romeo heritage "rinascimento" (renaissance) continues in each and every new model...the first "rinascimento" being 1915.

Spiderman JP

.....alright, alright, alright, I read it again and you were right.......have some respect for us oldies you young whippa snappa!!!!......I'll smack you with my walking stick :) :) :)

Alfa156Melb1

Thats what happens when you drive a car that they forgot to fit a roof too.. all your brains blow away in the wind.  ::)

colcol

So anyway, there was a Fun Run on in the city to raise funds for the Royal Childrens Hospital Good Friday Appeal, which meant we had to skirt around the city, i was travelling down Todd road looking for a service station, not being able to find it, when i clocked my peepers on a dark Guilia Super being driven by our new Editor Barry Edmunds, so i just followed Barry and we ended up at the meeting point.
We left about 10 past 9 after drivers briefing and headed over the West Gate Bridge towards Werribee, through the backroads around the Brisbane Ranges to our morning tea destination point at Merideth, where we were met by members of the Goldfield chapter from Ballarat and Bendigo, after a pit stop, a coffee and feed, it was onto Peter Stevens Motors, Ballarat, at 615 Creswick road, [03-5336 8777], for our lunch time BBQ, we parked our cars and had a look at some Guilieta's, Mito's and Fiats, before tucking into some nice food, then a photo opportunity of all the cars and the club members, and lots of talking taking place, these Sunday runs are becoming very popular, as someone else has worked out the best roads to take, you just follow along and its not a time trial, its not a speed event, just a good Sunday run, and if anyone starts to drive in a dangerous manner, then they will get sent home.
Thank you to Shane Wescott 116 register captain for organising the run, as ever, well done Shane and thank you to Peter Stevens of Ballarat, Regional Victoria's Largest Alfa Romeo Dealer, for giving their time for hosting The Alfa Romeo Club, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

shane wescott

Sorry you missed out Spiderman. For once we left relatively ontime :-)

No probs Guys, I always enjoy organising the run and hopefully the GTV6 will be back on the road for the next one :-)
Current Cars:

No Alfa's :-(

Previous Cars:
1991 White 164
86 White GTV6 Zender Body Kit
90 Red 75 TS
98 Blue GTV 2.0
85 Red 33 1.5 TI
85 Red 33 1.7 Carby
83 Silver 33 1.5 GCL
70 Blue Berlina 1750
70 White Berlina 1750

70 White Berlina 1750 (my first)

Current Bikes:

2002 Yellow Ducati ST2 944

Spiderman JP

Quote from: Alfa156Melb1 on April 15, 2014, 03:37:26 PM
Thats what happens when you drive a car that they forgot to fit a roof too.. all your brains blow away in the wind.  ::)

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Alfa156Melb1

Quote from: Spiderman JP on April 17, 2014, 03:26:23 PM
Quote from: Alfa156Melb1 on April 15, 2014, 03:37:26 PM

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Haha  ;D 8)