AROCA Round 3 Phillip Island Sprint 5 April

Started by Neil Choi, March 18, 2014, 09:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

AROCA Round 3 Phillip Island Sprint SATURDAY 5 April

Entry form and Supp Regs attached.

Filling fast so don't wait as it will be full.

Neil Choi

Well, the event is just about full with some fabulous Alfa's and other marques entered.

It is going to be a fantastic day, the weather is looking great.  You are all welcome to come down and watch the action.  No spectator entry charge.

For the modern Alfa enthusiast, there will be a couple of 156 racing around.  Come and chat with these owners and see how much fun they can be for not a lot of $$$.

See you on the track.

Neil Choi

It is with my sincere heart to thank all those who participated to make today's sprint event so fantastic and spectacular.  Certainly all the fine machineries were a sight to be seen and much inspection is required to admire them.  All manners of Alfa were represented, from Giulia Supers, 105's, Sud-Sprint, 75's, Giulietta, Alfetta's, GTV's to 156.  Of course, the salon of MX5's and Porsches.  And the plethora of BMW's and various Japanese representations.  Several competitors recorded PB's due to the excellent and ideal conditions, cool temperature and lots of grip.  It was particular good to catch up with those in the pits with various chats and discussion on all things how to go faster and cars for sale.  And why I was late!!!

I must thank all those who dedicated their time to running the day.  They include David Floyd, Ron Hill, Evan Bottcher, Stuart Thomson, Darren Viney, Lesley Lloyd, Frank Musco, the various helpers who did check in and those behind the scene doing scrutineering.  I apologise for not recording those I missed, only because I didn't arrive until 11am, I slept in!!!  Well, I lied.

Much high praise was given by CAMS on how smoothly and professional the event was run and the high level of safety assurance we apply.

It is certainly very satisfying to see all the Alfisti's and other clubs' members having such a great time while we stood in pit lane only wishing we should be doing so too.

Unfortunately, I didn't get any photos as I forgot to charge up the battery in the camera from the last outing and only captured one picture of a red 105 in Gp 5 before it shut down.

Until next time which is Saturday 10 May at Sandown and it is expected to be a full field with three big clubs entering as a combined challenge run.

Regards
Neil

aggie57

Congrats all involved on a great, well run day. Had a ball - a real variety of cars and some old friends to catch up with made it all the better.

Bad luck Neil on the dodgy fuel in the Disco. Glad you made it in the end.
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

schmidty_147

Hi Neil
Thanks for another great event. I've said it before and I'll say it again, that no other clubs run sprint days as well as yours with quick scrutineering and lots of track time.

Quick question, where can I find the lap times from the event, apparently it's at natsoft or something???

Cheers

Paul Gulliver

Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8