Have finished my 33 16V twincharged project

Started by Tarakai, January 15, 2014, 11:46:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarakai

HI All

In following on from the Alfetta twincharge project by "buzzed", I have finished twincharging a 33 16V in Sydney.
if anyone is interested there are videos up on youtube under tarakai2. It was rather involved but I am happy with the performance gains in adding a supercharger to an already turbo'd setup. If anyone needs some info in wanting to tackle something similar, feel free to give me a shout.

cheers Phil

giulia_veloce

I had the opportunity to have a drive of the 33
Too fast for me.
Wheel spin in 3rd gear frightened me.
Carl looks like a standard 33 from the outside,,but gee,,,its goes hard

Frank Musco

Awesome!!!  Love the sound the supercharger makes, and the neat installation.

Do you use a L.S.D or open diff? How does the car behave when it wheelspins at speed?

aussiehcviva

Tarakai

In respect to the transmission, it is the standard 5speed box and diff. I added a 25mm alloy plate to replace the standard transmission sump, based on what others have done to help strengthen the whole box. So far the diff is handling the torque (the 14" wheels break free in any case) but I may have to get hold of a Quaiffe diff from the UK if I notice wear. There is a certain amount of torque steer but I just steer to correct for allowance.

If anyone goes down the turbo or supercharged path I highly recommend the after market setup that drag VW 's use. I bought a stage3 Kennedy clutch plate and disc. It handles the torque very well and the extra foot pressure required isn't that noticeable. No need to get an expensive Sachs twin plate or anything that fancy. The input shaft specs for Alfa from memory is 24 teeth and 20mm diameter. This is the same for VW. I measured the clamp force of the standard 33 sachs plate and from memory it's good for about 200 ftlb of torque. The Kennedy stage 3 I measured as approx 990 KG clamp force and certainly it holds at 390 nm of torque.

I am using a 105 series release bearing with a little plate and bush I had machined. It's activated by the standard clutch fork and slave cylinder.
cheers P