Bathurst Easter 08

Started by Mezevenf, March 25, 2008, 12:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mezevenf

If anyone was attending I have about 1500 pictures and a ton of video from the weekend.

Let me know your car type and number and I'll post the pictures up. I will post some general interesting alfa shots up tomorrow as well.

alfagtv58

That would be great, thanks.  Red Alfetta No.158.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Mezevenf

Unfortunately your group was one of the ones I was not around taking many photo's for, which sucks because now I see there were a lot of alfa's in there! :( I have 4 pictures from the Chase but nothing exciting. Sorry!

If you want them in their original format (4368x2912) just let me know your email address.

Fast Eddie

Nice photos - great momento from the experience for you Phil.... How was it?

I saw in the latest online motorsport mag that there was a fair bit of action including 1 x Sud hitting the wall at the top of the Mountain

ed
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

alfagtv58

Amazing...a great weekend all around.  Well organised, fantastic circuit, great racing and brilliant camaraderie between all the Alfa Boys from NSW and QLD.  Going around Hell Corner in the last race side by side with John Lenne in his 105 and having room, giving the hurry up to a Falcon GT across the top (of course he pulled away as soon as we got to Conrod), a weekend long battle with a nice guy driving a group Nc Mazda Rotary!  All of these were highlights, great fun & lasting memories of the Mountain.  Got my lap time down to a 2.53.5, happy with that for the first time there.....there is a sub 50 in the car though, I just need a clear lap across the top!!
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Southern75

Guys where did you see these photo's of Phil hitting the wall in his sud?

Unfortunately another alfa went out in a bad way too.

I was on a flag point just before both accidents happened.

But hey what a meeting apart from some teething problems with organisation.... what a meeting!!
Rust, nah that's not rust .... its iron oxide!!!

Alfas:
1977 Alfasud ti (race)
1980 Alfasud ti (race)
1987 75 V6 (toy)
2008 147 JDTM (sensible?)

alfagtv58

enews.mnews.com.au You can find the photo's here.

Yes, good luck with getting your rigs fixed to all those who came to grief.....I know how you feel.

2009 159 JTS Ti

Southern75

Thanks for that Phill,

Your car looked pretty good out there, always looked great as i came past me.

I have some photos which i have taken i will try and post some if they are at all decent  ... they were taken with a friends camera so they may be crappy.

I was stationed mainly on the lead up to McPhillamy Park but my mate was down at the esses so we may have some good shots between us
Rust, nah that's not rust .... its iron oxide!!!

Alfas:
1977 Alfasud ti (race)
1980 Alfasud ti (race)
1987 75 V6 (toy)
2008 147 JDTM (sensible?)

a sharp

Phil glad you had a great run on the mount, to do well there in a Alfa requires big balls, you are king on the mount but anyone who has HP can suck the doors of you the rest of the way round! The mount is the land of the brave the rest of the track is for HP wimps! now you just have to have a crack it at Spa, Le Mans, and the Ring then you have the compete list of the tracks of the Brave the rest are consigned to history as these day most modern race drivers don't have the balls!

John A Pucak

What an awsome weekend.I was running in my new engine on the friday and saturday ,letting her spin to 7000rpm on sunday.The Alfetta performed all weekend without a problem.
Mt Panorama is really something special.If any one has pics of my silver gt (race no 116), could you please post them on the forum. Thanks to all the other Alfa drivers for a fun and memorable weekend.
Cheers John

Mezevenf

Anyone else want large res pictures?  ;D

http://picasaweb.google.com/mezevenf/AlfaSBathurst

Enjoy.

PS Still uploading, 300 in total.