105 Coupe Owner

Started by 105Veloce, February 16, 2014, 01:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

105Veloce

Hello,

I joined the forum late last year but never had the chance to introduce myself or my car. I bought a 1970 1750 GTV from a forum member in October 2013. The car is virtually complete but requires a full restoration. The engine turns over but does not start, even after fitting a new Bosch distributor. I'll work on the rest of the ignition system next which should hopefully get it to fire up, although the third spark plug is seized which obviously isn't a good thing. The aim is to build a fast road car with a lightly tuned Nord engine, sports exhaust, GTA replica wheels and adjustable Koni's with lowering springs. It's my first project car and first Alfa so I'm taking things nice and slowly.

The photo of the exterior was taken after the most recent work. The interior is untouched but requires some work also.

Regards

Luke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'70 1750 GTV restoration project

Thevak

What da! I have the same problem with also a seized plugin third cylinder. Let me know what you find?
1970 GT Junior 1300
2002 147
1988 33 1.7EI

105Veloce

I'll definitely let you know when I get around to it. I assumed that the previous owner/mechanic either cross-threaded or overtightened it, but maybe it is a common 105 problem.
'70 1750 GTV restoration project