Warning for Alfa buyers

Started by Overalfa, January 31, 2014, 04:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poohbah

I just hope he enjoys life with his Toyota Corolla. It will go beautifully with his beige underpants.
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

Cool Jesus

Well you gotta take the good with the bad in a public forum. But nate is on the mark with this numb nuts having all these issues and his very first post is a dummy spit of epic proportions. Quick some get the waam-bulance. Like wanski said, "goodbye"

You know, it wouldn't surprise me if its a fiat or rice burner club member trolling our forum for a rise out of us  :o
Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

Beatle

Hmmm, I've owned a few Alfas in my time, though no diesels.  All I get from this thread is that to an outsider we must look like we have very thin skins..... ;)
Paul B
QLD

Past:
'79 GTV - Loyal 1st love
'76 GT - Track entry
'89 75TS - Saved
'76 Alfetta - Sacrificed
'83 GTV6 - NT bullet
'67 Duetto - Fun
'66 Super - Endearing
'92 164 - Stunning
'85 90 - Odd
'04 GT 3.2 Rosso/Tan - Glorious
'02 156 V6 Auto Rosso/Tan - Useful daily

Davidm1600

Hey Cool J what is with the jibe re a Fiat owner trolling, afterall Fiats too are Italian and therefore brothers in our enjoyment of such cars.  On the other hand ricers is perhaps a different matter.

My simple take is the guy perhaps had never owned an Alfa before, was seduced by its looks but wasn't aware that Alfas need to be loved.  Has a few issues with its diesel and then basically feels he was taken for a ride. 

Tough it happens all the time and with all sorts of cars.  I doubt he is likely even to respond, given the nature of his grievances.  So perhaps there really isn't much point in continuing with this thread.  We love Alfas and lucky for us, hey  ;D
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

LaStregaNera

Lol - you guys realise that Alfas are just badge engineered Fiats these days right?
66 GT Veloce
Bimota SB6

Cool Jesus

Bwah ha, Fiats, yeah I didn't really give that one any thought. Love the shape of the 124's too.
Farkin, why am I keeping this stupid thread alive. I'm out...
Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

extraball

I Clio's, and Golfs, but bought the alfa :)

colcol

But like all people on the Forum, he has a right to express an opinion, even if it is different to ours, should have got on the forum earlier, so we could have helped him with his problems and sent him to a good Alfa Romeo service provider, and we could have told him about the importance of not chugging around the city too much, and taking it for a fang to heat the motor up and burn off all the soot in the particle filter, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Brad M

Quote from: colcol on February 04, 2014, 10:14:15 PM
... taking it for a fang to heat the motor up and burn off all the soot in the particle filter, Colin.

That's recommended for all types of Alfa(Fiat) engines. We all gotta keep our grin's maintained. :)
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

Nate Dog

Quote from: Cool Jesus on February 04, 2014, 03:10:45 PM
Bwah ha, Fiats, yeah I didn't really give that one any thought. Love the shape of the 124's too.
Farkin, why am I keeping this stupid thread alive. I'm out...

Cool Jesus is out!

Wise words Colin,
I've never known a car that was happy to sit idle or potter around.
Cars, bikes, boats, use it or lose it.

branko.gt

for a bloke that spent grand total of less than 25 minutes on the forum he has managed quite an avalanche.
he could not have done better if it was an intentional troll

he obviously liked the car but not the crap that came with it  and is obviously disapointed. and what is wrong with just wanting to drive and not spend hours on internet investigating a problem that he is facing. It is quite obvious that for someone who is not prepared to suffer through a lot, this is not a right choice. Nothing wrong with stating his disappointment, and when one is dissapointed one is likely to hyperventilate, and he did so.

he did well in creating quite a popular thread.

did anyone notice that he is a queenslander ?

Nate Dog

By now his rant is ancillary to the discussion,
It's since devolved into a ragging on modern diesels, coupled with a general how to as regards treating machinery.
You say he's a queenslander, didn't notice.
By now he's dead to me

colcol

He should have joined a good car club, like the Alfa Romeo Owners Club, and spoken to those in the know, and asked a few questions on this excellent forum, the 159 Diesel is an absolute ripper, so good General Motors purchased 15% of Fiat a few years ago, to get their hands on it, but all engines have their issues, Diesels and particle filters, Twin Sparks and cam belts, 156 JTS and oil contamination, etc, you get on this Forum and find things out, or get annoyed with things and spit the dummy, how many of us haven't got annoyed with our cars at some point and said, thats it i'm selling it, only to carm down and work through the problem...and next day wondered what all the fuss is about?, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

extraball

car club could be fun, but with my 147 I wouldnt feel as cool as someone with a nice pre 90's alfa. Maybe when my alfa is 30 years old, maybe!

colcol

In Victoria, i take my 33 or 156 to club events, and i always feel welcome, you have to make the effort to meet owners and have a good yak to them, and we usually get a 147 along, i know we will get a 147 along at our next club run to the Mornington Peninsula on Sunday 23rd of February, because it is being organised by new member and all round good bloke Gary Creighton, as he owns a 147 twin spark.
Sad that the 159 Diesel owner pulled the pin on his car, but it will go to another owner who will hopefully join in with the Alfa community, Colin.